Confirmed with Link: Anze Kopitar Named Kings’ New Team Captain

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Congrats to Kopi!

@reallisa
Oftentimes, he was the only one around after a tough loss. All that was missing were tumbleweeds blowing thru the 'room' :)
#Brown

True that. He's always genuine in his interviews. I'll never forget the interview after game 3 against the Blackhawks about needing to "slay the dragon"

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
Nice..been following his career the day he was drafted... Was even checking game recaps from his days in Sweden

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
This is the way to make sure there's less drama. The team never officially made a statement about striping Brown. Just announce the new captain and take all the questions at once.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kind of a crazy thought but Anze has to be HHOF bound, right? That's a good feeling, let's enjoy him while we can.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Congrats to Kopi, strange times for the Kings. Sucks to hear that Brown disappeared at times.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Since we're not afraid of facts around here can we stop the inconsistency meme with Brown? His production from his 3rd season through 12-13 put him in the 50-60pt range(in 12-13 it was a half season which Brown was on pace for the high end of a 50-60pt season). After suffering a knee injury in the 2013 playoffs his production drops by 50% but interesting enough has remained consistent. Sooooo.. I'd just like to know where the inconsistency myth comes from.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Since we're not afraid of facts around here can we stop the inconsistency meme with Brown? His production from his 3rd season through 12-13 put him in the 50-60pt range(in 12-13 it was a half season which Brown was on pace for the high end of a 50-60pt season). After suffering a knee injury in the 2013 playoffs his production drops by 50% but interesting enough has remained consistent. Sooooo.. I'd just like to know where the inconsistency myth comes from.

Brown didn't exist to most of the hockey world prior to 2012, so nothing he did up until that point is valid :sarcasm:

Hope removing the C from Brown helps him refocus, but there seems to be too much smoke around him to think there's not a fire of some sort.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

I'd say he's been pretty consistent over the last couple of years. :(

Yeah! Anze!!!!!

Who's happier today Anze or the Raccoon who got to shut down the Brown thread? :)

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'd say he's been pretty consistent over the last couple of years. :(

Yeah! Anze!!!!!

Who's happier today Anze or the Raccoon who got to shut down the Brown thread? :)

I just wonder what extent that injury from 2013 impeded him. Because his production did cut in half as I said and that was sudden. It has remained as such since. Even if he's technically recovered I wonder if had a permanent effect on his speed or physicality. Interesting enough he hasn't missed many hockey games in his career.

Also his 2014 playoff performance wasn't that far off from his 2012 performance. 2013 Brown was actually on pace in the regular season to reach his career high and was the first time he scored more goals than assists since his 30 goal season.

Anyway Kopitar is a good fit especially to deal with refs. He has a great reputation.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
@helennothelene
Lombardi says not currently considering a buyout of Brown. 'i really believe he's going to get his game back.'

What he means is that no one is willing to take Brown's contract and we are stuck with him for the now

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 7m7 minutes ago
Lombardi on Lucic - "It's safe to say, we've done a lot of work / due diligence. We will be making another offer early next week"

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I just wonder what extent that injury from 2013 impeded him. Because his production did cut in half as I said and that was sudden. It has remained as such since. Even if he's technically recovered I wonder if had a permanent effect on his speed or physicality. Interesting enough he hasn't missed many hockey games in his career.

Also his 2014 playoff performance wasn't that far off from his 2012 performance. 2013 Brown was actually on pace in the regular season to reach his career high and was the first time he scored more goals than assists since his 30 goal season.

Anyway Kopitar is a good fit especially to deal with refs. He has a great reputation.

The injury did mess with him and I remember reading about him saying the brace even after he healed was bothering him. We he took it off he play looked better.
But I think it was a combo of things. The injury and you have the suspension. I have to think he felt there was a target on his back by the league maybe after it. So he did change his style of play.
I like how DL acknowledged that Brown came into camp in good shape last year. The effort is there but the finish isn't. If he continues to put in the effort and the results remain the same it's going to be a long tough hall to do anything. But taking some of the pressure off him might be just what he needs.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Congrats to Kopi! I just happened to pick up a Kopitar gold and purple jersey during the TeamLA store jersey sale.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Good move. In the end, who knows, it might take some weight off of Brown and let him focus entirely on himself and his own game. Sounds like things are in motion and being taken care of. Nice stuff from Lombardi.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Congrats to Kopi, strange times for the Kings. Sucks to hear that Brown disappeared at times.

@helennothelene
Lombardi says not currently considering a buyout of Brown. 'i really believe he's going to get his game back.'

What he means is that no one is willing to take Brown's contract and we are stuck with him for the now

Or it means he really believes he'll get his game back.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Or it means he really believes he'll get his game back.

Yeah! At first I read that line as 'of course he does publicly, why mock him,' but I think of how a few of us around here notice that really Brown doesn't look like a different player, he's just not getting results. Sure there are little things, and maybe added up they dump his production, but if you showed 2015 Brown game tape side-by-side with 2009 Brown game tape I doubt it looks very different. Wouldn't be shocked to see those behind the scenes feel similarly, and they also have the direct influence on him...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00