Kings Article: Anze Kopitar’s Two-Way Play Has Been Key To LA Kings’ Success

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kopitar is never going to win a Selke. He would have to double the amount of takeaway's that Dats/Toews/Bergeron get.

He would have to make it ridiculous for an East coast person to vote against him.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
im not one to gripe about Sutter or Murray's systems ( ok TM's was pretty bad) but i really wonder what he'd be like if given a little more leeway

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
im not one to gripe about Sutter or Murray's systems ( ok TM's was pretty bad) but i really wonder what he'd be like if given a little more leeway

Right? He's a dream for a two-way system, but can you imagine if Sutter said, "Anze, for two weeks, do whatever the **** you want"

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Right? He's a dream for a two-way system, but can you imagine if Sutter said, "Anze, for two weeks, do whatever the **** you want"

I don't think it would matter, Kopitar's 200 ft play is second nature now.

Even if you told him to cheat he wouldn't. Look at how long it's taking Kopitar to start shooting more.

I am sure just about everyone has been telling him SHOOT the puck.

Kopitar is shooting more, but he is still on pace for below 220 shots this year.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
I don't think it would matter, Kopitar's 200 ft play is second nature now.

Even if you told him to cheat he wouldn't. Look at how long it's taking Kopitar to start shooting more.

I am sure just about everyone has been telling him SHOOT the puck.

Kopitar is shooting more, but he is still on pace for below 220 shots this year.

He's shooting more than last season but still below average of his career.

His career shot totals are:

His career average is 2.75 shots per game.
His pace this season is 2.44 shots per game.

He's on pace for 200 shots this year. The Kings would like him to shoot more as much as anyone.

Even though Kopitar has acknowledged that he was told after last season that he needed to shoot the puck more, once he is on the ice, his instincts take over.
“I can talk all I want about shooting the puck, and trying to look for shots more, but I know myself too well,” he said. “Once I’m on the ice, playing the game, it’s whatever situation I’m in, I’m going to make the play that I think is the best, at that time, anyway, not forcing a shot, not forcing a pass.”
“It’s pure instinct out there, because it’s pretty fast,” he added.

http://frozenroyalty.net/2013/12/28/anze-kopitars-two-way-play-has-been-key-to-la-kings-success/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad