Anyone who understands Polish...

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
EDIT: READ THIS FIRST!!

It seems only the first page there has stuff about Vladimir Martinec.. the ones after seem to be about some other Martinec people. So only read the polish ones at the start if you want to help!

========

.. and got some time on their hands, can you guys do me a big favor?

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=vladimir+martinec&scoring=a&sa=N&start=70

Here I have about 100 articles related to Vladimir Martinec, but the problem is they are in different languages! Most of them seem to be in Polish. I don't ask that you go through each and every one, but if you find something in the article preview that is interesting, if you could check more deeply and report back to me, I would appreciate it SO much. Let's get to the bottom of how good this great player was!

Last edited:

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
"He smoke like a chimney, and skates like a deer on ice. He floats at the far blue line to get passes from teammates and is one of the softest players of all-time." -Rough translation

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Mark, I saw the article you're quoting and I think you need to brush up on your polish. This is what it says:

He has smoking speed, with the agility of a deer. He glides remarkably fast from blueline to blueline and gives some of the softest passes of all-time to his teammates.

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
I do understand Polish fairly well, but that link did not show me any (relevant) Polish articles about Martinec.

Last edited:

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Really? Damn, that's unfortunate. Arghhh!!! Back to the drawing board.

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
I have a DVD called Hokej v Srdci, Srdce v Hokeji (Hockey in Heart, Heart in Hockey), there are some comments about Martinec, he is called the smartest Czechoslovak player ever, and a great playmaker. That DVD also has English audio commentary, although it is not 100% correct translation. I will upload it somewhere over the weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad