Pre-Game Talk: Anyone watching the Karl-Star game today @ 4:00pm???

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
:nopity:

Had the Skills on last night while doing other stuff. It just ain't the same that it used to be, this All-Star nonsense :sarcasm:

I suppose I will check Karlsson out! :popcorn:

If I'm still awake, I might... It'd would be hard for me to care less about it, though.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I use to remember nhl.com being more detailed into what was happening during the allstar break. The only thing posted today is central/pacific and atlantic/metro 3vs3's. And I only know it's 3v3 format from reading an article on tsn earlier this morning.

Do they not do west vs east anymore? And what happened yesterday?

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I use to remember nhl.com being more detailed into what was happening during the allstar break. The only thing posted today is central/pacific and atlantic/metro 3vs3's. And I only know it's 3v3 format from reading an article on tsn earlier this morning.

Do they not do west vs east anymore? And what happened yesterday?

The all-star game only broke when they tried to fix it. It was fine in the 90s when it was just best on best in each conference. Since then they've tried a stupid number of gimmicks to make it... well I don't even know what they're trying to make it. There were too many goals or people weren't trying hard enough or something dumb like that. It's a meaningless game and it used to be fun to watch because of that. They tried to make it mean something and now it just seems silly.

I stopped caring 10 years ago. Frankly, I'd prefer they just get rid of it altogether.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The all-star game only broke when they tried to fix it. It was fine in the 90s when it was just best on best in each conference. Since then they've tried a stupid number of gimmicks to make it... well I don't even know what they're trying to make it. There were too many goals or people weren't trying hard enough or something dumb like that. It's a meaningless game and it used to be fun to watch because of that. They tried to make it mean something and now it just seems silly.

I stopped caring 10 years ago. Frankly, I'd prefer they just get rid of it altogether.

Me too. Zero interest in this.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Karlsson in Bruins colours is a travesty.
I'd rock that Karlsson jersey! :yo:

Gonna be a tough one for Karlsson & Price against Crosby & Ovechkin. Hard to believe this is only Crosby's 2nd All-Star game!!!

Ok, gotta admit. I've got the game on, and just might watch some of it.... :popcorn:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Carly Rae actually did a nice job on the Canadian anthem. And of course the US one gets over sung

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
You know, you'd think with half of the active 100 all time nhl players, central would run away with this

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Crawford getting lit up.
He's at least taking it semi serious there though because he definitely swore after allowing Burnsy's goal

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Lol Pacific stop trying to score and still manage to get a fluke one

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
not a whole lot of interest. watched some of the skills competition and it was so cringeworthy when the commentators tried to interact with Price when the hardest shot competition was going on. I think they badly wanted some sort of quirky, unique personality to emerge from price or whoever they interviewed but hockey players are so conservative by nature even on a weekend where they could loosen up a little lol

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
not a whole lot of interest. watched some of the skills competition and it was so cringeworthy when the commentators tried to interact with Price when the hardest shot competition was going on. I think they badly wanted some sort of quirky, unique personality to emerge from price or whoever they interviewed but hockey players are so conservative by nature even on a weekend where they could loosen up a little lol

Subban and Price were okay IMO. Crosby was just bad.

Didn't help that the Four Line Competition and the Breakaway Challenge just flopped. The whole event was just lame from end to end.

EDIT: Save that, I forgot Snoop. He was the highlight of the Skills Comp.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Well that suck.. i don't remember but last year the pace was very good and they were actually trying to play in all zone.

But was it only in the finale? I don't remember the semi

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

It's because they hired Jim Hughson to be the commentator. He has an incredible talent of inducing sleep at any given moment with his voice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad