Value of: Anyone want a slightly used Jet?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Would love to see what a shooter like Connor could do with Robert Thomas....unfortunately, it will never happen lol.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I understand the frustration but WPG isn't going to rebuild as I see it. Maybe they are open to moving Ehlers if they explore contract talks over the summer and they can't get traction but given they worked it out with Schiefle and Hellebuyck my guess is that they work it out with him too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would love Buffalo to finally correct not signing Iafallo back when he first came out of college. They need mid-line guys who play a solid 2-way game, he seems like a great fit for that. Cost would be the question - can't see much on the Sabres that doesn't open more holes for them, so they'd probably be offering up futures (a draft pick, say a 2nd?).

Iafallo could be a fit for Buffalo, though I'd have to do a bit more a deeper look at him.

No, really, you don't say.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I would love Buffalo to finally correct not signing Iafallo back when he first came out of college. They need mid-line guys who play a solid 2-way game, he seems like a great fit for that. Cost would be the question - can't see much on the Sabres that doesn't open more holes for them, so they'd probably be offering up futures (a draft pick, say a 2nd?).

It depends if the Jets want to make the dreaded "hockey trade". Sabres have Rosen/Kulich/Savoie/Ostlund/Wahlberg in the system...they can afford to lose one for Iafollo, no?

I could see Iafallo being potentially available under the assumption that the Jets want to re-allocate some of his cap to improving the D. (If a D could be acquired).

Any chance Nate Schmidt could be available?

Possibly, if they need to move salary to add up front or a longer term D fix. Personally I'd look to move Pionk first.

I understand the frustration but WPG isn't going to rebuild as I see it. Maybe they are open to moving Ehlers if they explore contract talks over the summer and they can't get traction but given they worked it out with Schiefle and Hellebuyck my guess is that they work it out with him too.

Agreed. I personally don't see them moving Ehlers unless they can't get him signed.

Reactions: hn777

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habe would Prob have interest in Kyle C for Win 1st and a D prospect / youngster like Barron, Harris, Struble

Don'r see habs trading their #5Oa for Connor. Maybe a top10 protected 2025 pick + a D prospect

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Obviously Kyle Connor and Ehlers would have the most value in a trade. As a fan, don't you think trading both would lead to a rebuild for several years?
Depends on the return of course.

Not selling for pennies on the dollar but maybe looking for a little different mix on the roster. They are committed to Scheifele and Hellebucyk.

Can they commit long term to both Connor and Ehlers? Probably not.

Can whoever the coach is avoid the Connor - Scheifele pairing trap? Probably not.

I see this more of a changing of the guard kind of thing...and knowing that several of the best Jets prospects are young forwards (Lambert, McGroarty, Barlow and Chibrikov) that are near NHL ready. Make room for them in good situations and over 2 seasons. So not a rebuild but a retool.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Depends on the return of course.

Not selling for pennies on the dollar but maybe looking for a little different mix on the roster. They are committed to Scheifele and Hellebucyk.

Can they commit long term to both Connor and Ehlers? Probably not.

Can whoever the coach is avoid the Connor - Scheifele pairing trap? Probably not.

I see this more of a changing of the guard kind of thing...and knowing that several of the best Jets prospects are young forwards (Lambert, McGroarty, Barlow and Chibrikov) that are near NHL ready. Make room for them in good situations and over 2 seasons. So not a rebuild but a retool.
Unless they won't sign, I don't think Winnipeg is moving off them unless it's a legit good hockey trade. Once the team inked Helly and Scheiff, they were locking themselves into their group.

Ehlers, has been close to a PPG for 2 shortened seasons in 20/21 with 46 in 47 and in 21/22 with 55 in 62. which were his best PPG paced seasons. But, when he's been able to hit 70 games played, he's more of a 60 point guy for the year.

Could see them move off from him more easily than they'd be willing to move off Connor. 28 now, and UFA at age 29. Might not want to lock into him for another 7/8 years until he is 36/37 if he misses that many games. Really 4 full seasons out of the 9 he's played. Missing 10, 20, 9, 20, and 37 games for the other 5 years.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If Kyle Connor is available Detroit will be interested and can make a good offer of picks and prospects assuming Winnipeg wants to rebuild.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Could I interest you in a freshly re-signed PLD for literally any of the above players.

Pretty please.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If Kyle Connor is available Detroit will be interested and can make a good offer of picks and prospects assuming Winnipeg wants to rebuild.
Have at it.

Wings definitely have the pieces if they want to acquire KC. Names like Kasper and Danielson would obviously be of interest. 15th OA is nice too.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Two years of Connor for #5?

You do realize we are a rebuilding team right? In one proposal, you are trading Caufield for the #10 OA. Then you trade the #5OA for Connor.
Where is your head?
In a vacuum assuming Connor extends that's an unbelievable deal for Montreal. Habs fans just can't be objective eh. Connor is a way better player than Caufield will ever be.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Wondering if something around Perfetti and Barron would be possible. Add as needed to balance values

Jets got lots of other young players coming up up front and need a RD.

• Haha

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Wondering if something around Perfetti and Barron would be possible. Add as needed to balance values

Jets got lots of other young players coming up up front and need a RD.
Sure Barron + 5th overall for Perfetti is do-able. Or Reinbacher but Perfetti is not available for anything less than an overpay.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Jets getting embarrassed in the playoffs AGAIN. No way Chevy can stick with this group, right? (sadly I do believe he will still be the GM after assembling a team of wet paper)

Curious what teams would offer for any of the following:

Kyle Connor 2 more years at $7.1

Nikolai Ehlers - 1 more year at $6.0

Alex Iafallo - 1 year at $4.0

Neal Pionk - 1 year at $5.75
I'd keep Connor.

Ehlers I'd move. He's a regular season player imo. Doesn't have the frame to handle the physicality of playoff hockey. Ten team NTC might impact value a bit, but he should fetch a first, b+ prospect, and a lesser pick pretty easily.

Iafallo - you're liking riding out that deal. $4 million for 27 points isn't going to attract many suitors. Maybe a TD move.

Pionk - likely the same as Iafallo.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Sure Barron + 5th overall for Perfetti is do-able. Or Reinbacher but Perfetti is not available for anything less than an overpay.
Genuine question, not trying to be snarky or anything: why?
Are you guys expecting a coaching change so he gets a better chance?
If nothing changes, the asset value is certainly going down, not up.

I like Cole but he hasn't exactly exceeded expectations so far, and he's in Bowness' doghouse. Maybe Lambert will steal his spot soon.
I don't think you'll see teams lining up for Perfetti and offering value above his current projection of 2nd line winger at this point.
I think a pretty fair value comparable is Newhook (before people freak out, he had his meager 34pts in 55gp), so we're not in the 5OA stratosphere at all.

Last edited:

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
This is how reasonable conversation go off the rail. sigh...

I never said 1 vs. 1. I know Perfetti hold more value so the idea here is to address organizational needs. I dont mind returning Win 1st pick this year in the deal

Perfetti + MLT 2e 2024
vs
Barron + WIN 1e 2024 + Van 3rd 2025

Nov 24, 2006
I personally think Nik Ehlers will be traded this off season.

Nate Schmidt would of course be available but no one is taking that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad