Anyone remember old Vancouver nemesis Geno Odjick?

Captain Mittens*

Gino was a wild man! And he hated the Blues as much as we do

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Wow. How many penalty minutes did that earn him? And how many would it be today?

10 - Game Misconduct
10 - 10 Minute Misconduct
5 X 2 - 2 Majors?
2 X 2 - Throwing in 2 roughing minors

= 34 (yesterday and today)

I believe ex-king Randy Holt out did him penalty minute wise against the flyers a long long time ago :yo:

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
One of the ugliest guys in the NHL. Very entertaining player.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Odjick had a huge rivalary with McSorley and even a smaller one with Matt Johnson.

Gretzky did not like Odjick either, Gino was always going after the Great One. McSorley probably fought Gino 5 times while a King.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
dont forget S Momesso and he who shall remain nameless. i still hate VAN because of those teams. they played big and heavy plus the added bonus of being dirty.

those teams were the NHL equivalent of the old Celtic teams. a collection of butt ugly dudes. at least the VAN players weren't in shorts and pasty white while watching them play

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
dont forget S Momesso and he who shall remain nameless. i still hate VAN because of those teams. they played big and heavy plus the added bonus of being dirty.

those teams were the NHL equivalent of the old Celtic teams. a collection of butt ugly dudes. at least the VAN players weren't in shorts and pasty white while watching them play

like Garth Butcher and H-A-R-O-L-D Snyepts, tough guys,

i remember a broadcast where Bob Miller said Garth had "congenital black eyes", was so true and funny,

Calirose

Mar 31, 2012
6ix
Any relation to Geno Malkin?

malkin-31.jpg

gino.jpg

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Wasn't he one of the first, "First Nations" players?

not one of the first, as the nhl has always had First Nation players, such as former Kings defensemen Gary Sargent, Flyers high scoring forward Reggie McLesch, and great Islander center Bryan Trottier in the 70's,

i always liked Gary Sargent, and wasn't too happy when the Kings let him go, as he was a very steady sure player, here is a quick read-up on him,

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=14218

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad