Anyone hear of expansion/merger plans for ECHL, CHL, SPHL FOR 2013-14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Mavericks have never been owned by the Devos Family.

The Mavericks are technically the relocated Lubbock Cotton Kings franchise however they didn't retain the history and were counted as an expansion team. The owners of the Cotton Kings own the Mavericks.

The Mavericks do very weel in the area with many sellouts and great fan support. The Mavericks will be in the ECHL one day but after the CHL goes under once and for all, will they make the jump along with the strronger CHL core.

They never played in the IHL either!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
How about putting a team in the upper nort east like vermont or Mass or do you think the ahl presance is to strong up there. Personaly i would like to see trenton come back with a better owner and front office staff

I have been to Vermont. They don't have much for population. Those two lane asphalt roads are hard to drive in the summer, let alone the winter.

The 3rd largest city is Rutland. It has 17,000 people, a Pulitzer Prize winning newspaper, a Holiday Inn, a Ramada across the street, dumpy State Fairgrounds, with a Panera Bread with a drive-through window next door (I have never seen another one like that) a Public TV station, a few radio stations and an Amtrak station.

Burlington is the largest city with 43,000 and a metro population of 200,000; one third of the state's people. They might support a hockey team. Ben and Jerry's started there and there is I-89 running by (but not through) the city, 45 miles south of Canada.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Burlington already has the Vermont Catamounts of the NCAA, so doubt that there's enough interest leftover for another hockey team.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
i agree its not the fact of Reading an the vasinity of AHL teams that makes them a good team its the coaching staff. It it was for vasinity reading would have had a good team every year for example the 2011 2012 season Courville had to dismantle the roster to even make a attempt at the playoffs which some what work they made it in by the skin of their teeth . then lost to Elmira in the first round

Weird how this league changes year to year. 2012 Elmira was the top seed, Reading clawed to get in, last year it flip flopped. 2011 Reading was a top team, 2010 Elmira was a top tean. It's weird when I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad