anyone "good" going back in the draft...

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Now, what I see here, is a Juraj Mikus listed as a prospect in '07 draft, # 67 on ISS, and #87 on THN, like that. Now are they that presumptuos or will there be more than one Juraj Mikus to keep straight?

There are two prospects named Juraj Mikus. Montreal's Mikus is a forward, the one eligible for this draft is a defensemen.

Bégin is the bestest*

Jérémy Duchesne and Josh Beaulieu signed with Philly

Marc-André Gragnani signed with Buffalo

Patrick Hornqvist signed with Nashville/Hamilton/Kitchener :D

Patrick Berglund and Martin Kariya signed with St-Louis

some other european players signed with Nashville and St-Louis

link: http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/230291.html

also Pavelec and Chad Denny signed with Atlanta yesterday.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
I think the following CHL players did not sign:
Lukas Vantuch
Myles Rumsey
Adam Hobson
Chris Durand
Jeff May
Bretton Stamler
Fredrik Pettersson
Ryan McGinnis
Kristofer Westblom
AJ Thelen
Kyle Bailey
Nick Tuzzolino
Dalyn Flatt
Trevor Koverko
John Flatters
Pier-Olivier Pelletier
Jean-Phillipe Paquet
Mike Gauthier
Scott Jackson
Marek Bartanus
Kevin Beech
Alexandre Vincent

Last edited:

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Lukas Vantuch
Myles Rumsey
Adam Hobson
Chris Durand
Jared Boll
Jeff May
Bretton Stamler
Fredrik Pettersson
Ryan McGinnis
Kristofer Westblom
AJ Thelen
Kyle Bailey

Nick Tuzzolino
Dalyn Flatt
Trevor Koverko
John Flatters
Pier-Olivier Pelletier
Jean-Phillipe Paquet
Mike Gauthier
Scott Jackson

Marek Bartanus
Kevin Beech
Alexandre Vincent

the guys i bolded are definatly worth another shot

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
wasn't Durand considered a pretty good prospect?

I remember Colorado fans insisting they had a "steal" when he was drafted.

smsgtkvv

May 30, 2003
South Hill
Visit site
Lukas Vantuch
Myles Rumsey
Adam Hobson
Chris Durand
Jared Boll
Jeff May
Bretton Stamler
Fredrik Pettersson
Ryan McGinnis
Kristofer Westblom
AJ Thelen
Kyle Bailey
Nick Tuzzolino
Dalyn Flatt
Trevor Koverko
John Flatters
Pier-Olivier Pelletier
Jean-Phillipe Paquet
Mike Gauthier
Scott Jackson
Marek Bartanus
Kevin Beech
Alexandre Vincent

Jared Boll is signed.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=304195&page=NewsPage&service=page

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Marek Bartanus won't re-enter the draft because he signed a deal with one of the top teams in the top Slovakian league.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Marek Bartanus won't re-enter the draft because he signed a deal with one of the top teams in the top Slovakian league.

he could still be drafted and then the team that picks him has 2/3 years to try to convince him to come back...but good chance he goes undrafted because of this.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott Jackson get drafted again, I thought for sure he was going to get signed. Perhaps a signal that St. Louis' young defense is really that good?

Adam Hobson was at one point considered by Chicago to be in their top 10 prospect list...got a great personality and attitude coupled with good size and a tenacious work ethic, proved he can play the big time in the playoffs last year...wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the late 7th round again.

Durand seems lost at times on the ice...especially when there is a quick transition, I've yet to be impressed with the former T-Bird.

Dalyn Flatt is a goon, nothing more, nothing less...would be surprised to see anyone take another shot at him.

Kyle Bailey is alot like Hobson, I thought he would be signed well before the deadline. Talented player, potential agitator in the NHL.

I'm scratching my head at the non-signing of AJ Thelen still. Wicked slapshot, strong defensively, good size. Maybe Minnesota is really that set on Pavol Demitra, they don't want to spend another penny?

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Looks like Edmonton might be losing Freddie Pettersson (captain of the Swedish junior team last year) and Dragan "Trogdor" Umicevic.

oooh, Pettersson. I don't see why EDM didn't sign him, I remember their management was raving about him at their last training camp.

Worth using a mid-pick on, easily.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Foligno#71

Sep 10, 2006
Gothenburg
www.hockeysverige.se
One of those late news releases...Hawks can't go wrong with Hobby, he has been fantastic for Spokane since day 1, and I'm excited and elated to see him reach the goal that he's talked about since the day he was drafted, and that was to earn his first professional contract.

Apparently, he was born in Sweden but is a Canadian citizen. Does anyone know anything about his background?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Apparently, he was born in Sweden but is a Canadian citizen. Does anyone know anything about his background?

That's exactly right. Born in Sweden, raised in Mission, B.C. Has at least 1 older brother who was captain of the Kamloops Blazers at one point. (Johnathon Hobson). Gets along great with the Euros that have come through here.. :sarcasm:

Fantastic player, great personality, if you're interested in his background, I would say he comes from a characterized background.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad