anyone else hate the center ice salute to fans by the losers?

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
How is it fake? You think players don't appreciate the fans who's interest pays their salaries? What?
You truly think the players care?

are you too related? Or just OP's backup account to help support him?

Its a thank you to the fans for all their support this season. Nothing wrong with it at all. Guys sound like your parents signed you up for little league just to make friends as kids. How pathetic.
Nah, it’s fake. You lose/win a game and “salute” the fans 41 times a year. How unique and real .

It’s joke. Players don’t care - they do it for optics. It’s clearly working because people think they care. They don’t.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

Nah, it’s fake. You lose/win a game and “salute” the fans 41 times a year. How unique and real .

It’s joke. Players don’t care - they do it for optics. It’s clearly working because people think they care. They don’t.
Yeah, I kinda do. I think they enjoy having fans who appreciate watching them play...yes.

Reactions: Nickmo82

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I kinda do. I think they enjoy having fans who appreciate watching them play...yes.
Of course they like having people to play to. But this idea they are giving the fans a heartfelt salute is silly

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Last game of the season, I don't mind, it's the last game in this team uniforms for some players

Ever f***ing game Carolina style, get the f*** out with the clown show.

Reactions: Kimota

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
What really irks me these days is the phoney "rock, paper, scissors for a stick" shtick that's been going on for way too long now. It started with a cute innocent moment on a teams social media account and now every pregame warmup the entire lower bowl is lined with gen Alpha kids who can't separate the internet from real life. I was sitting across from one of these kids earlier this season - kid got a game puck and a signed stick from the trainers but was pouting until the end because couldn't get one of the players to drop everything mid game to do some tiktok dance with him. I'm hoping it was a good life lesson for the lad but somehow I doubt it. Kids these days... smh

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
just watched Boston add yet another playoff disappointment to their long ass list of them and yet the players do the little salute after the game to chants of "LET'S GO BRUINS"

this is the saddest zoomer shit ever (obviously it is some euro tradition lol) like you lost guys get in the dressing room don't soak in your participation medal

You must be fun at parties

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
In a way, it's a goodbye. Some of those guys have worn the sweater for the last time. I mean you have likely seen the last Swayman/Ullmark celebration ever. That's the part that gets lost. Every year the teams change. You never get that same group back again. It's the game. Even if you win the cup it happens. Guys go off to get their money.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
just watched Boston add yet another playoff disappointment to their long ass list of them and yet the players do the little salute after the game to chants of "LET'S GO BRUINS"

this is the saddest zoomer shit ever (obviously it is some euro tradition lol) like you lost guys get in the dressing room don't soak in your participation medal
I would suggest that you NEVER attend any games outside of North America. Teams do this during the regular season to say thanks to the fans for coming to the game

Reactions: Gee Wally

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
So they like having fans, but not enough to give them a send off at the end of the season?

Think of the end season salute to the fans the same as actors bowing to the audience at the end of the play.

Geez man.
There may be a misunderstanding here and it’s my fault. I am referring to the teams that do it after every single game all season.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

This is the definition of “I view the world a particular way, and dammit I don’t see why others don’t agree.”

They stop doing it and someone will complain “they lose and then don’t even give the fans a send off? Punks.” You can’t please everyone, and if this bothers you I’d say you’re way too easily bothered.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Initially, I thought that the post game"fan salute" was a really cool thing. Now I look at it as perfunctory-almost cliched.

But I go to and watch a ton of games and am a wee bit on the cynical side:laugh:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Blame NYR. The rest of the league copied after every game and now it became a thing. Fans were beyond frustrated and pissed off at the product they were getting. All the organization did was spend money to lose and miss the playoffs for 6-8 years. Yet somehow the price of attending a game just kept going up. It was nothing more than letting the fans know we still appreciate you.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Some people must wake up looking for something new to poke at, if not be bothered by, lol. It is a little strange to see a team do it after a loss, and I imagine the players would much rather just get off the ice. But..
It’s their last game of the season, they are thanking the fans for showing support throughout the just ended season. The year end salute to the fans, it’s really no big deal. Just a little more symbolism in a world that craves it.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Blame NYR. The rest of the league copied after every game and now it became a thing. Fans were beyond frustrated and pissed off at the product they were getting. All the organization did was spend money to lose and miss the playoffs for 6-8 years. Yet somehow the price of attending a game just kept going up. It was nothing more than letting the fans know we still appreciate you.
Yes they were the first to do it. I wouldn’t mind if more teams copied the Garden crowd’s goal celebration, I think it’s by far the best in the league.
Having said that, I don’t want to hear it too often. Let’s go Panthers!!

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Carolina players forming a circle at centre ice and putting their hands up in the air and raising the roof is the lamest thing I've ever seen.

It's a hockey game, not a rave. 🙄

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013

JFC dude. We get that you're upset your team lost but this is the absolute most ridiculous thing to complain about.
The "saddest zoomer shit" is threads like this.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ

Who hurt you, brother.

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
Better than the trashy fanbases throwing garbage on the ice because they don’t agree with a call

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
There may be a misunderstanding here and it’s my fault. I am referring to the teams that do it after every single game all season.
Who does that? They usually salute I guess as they come off during a win. Wave during the three stars. I don't see any team after every single game salute the crowd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad