anyone else hate the center ice salute to fans by the losers?

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
Are you seriously ragging on a team for saying thank you to their fans after they get eliminated?

Those fans bled for them. Those fans threw shit on the ice for them. Those fans started (and lost) fights at our rink for them.

The least they can do is say thank you.
Well on the continuum of thanks I’d prefer a epic dramatic production (puppets ok) reflecting the progress of their season along with a Greek chorus to hint at the things they should have done and things they’ll need to do to win next year.

I think that’d be a satisfying ending to the season.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
just watched Boston add yet another playoff disappointment to their long ass list of them and yet the players do the little salute after the game to chants of "LET'S GO BRUINS"

this is the saddest zoomer shit ever (obviously it is some euro tradition lol) like you lost guys get in the dressing room don't soak in your participation medal

Why do you say that it’s “some euro tradition”? Anything to back that up?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
People do realize that only 1 team can win a championship a year. Right?

Like what should the other 31 teams do when they lose? Flip everyone off?

This is the type of thread making that makes me wonder if people really can find EVERYTHING to complain about.
That's what it feels like my teams do to me every night.

• Haha
Reactions: wraithsonwings

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
just watched Boston add yet another playoff disappointment to their long ass list of them and yet the players do the little salute after the game to chants of "LET'S GO BRUINS"

this is the saddest zoomer shit ever (obviously it is some euro tradition lol) like you lost guys get in the dressing room don't soak in your participation medal

I don’t know if you’re interested in my perspective as a Swedish fan who usually stand up chanting and singing throughout my team’s games… But it’s like, we support them with our voices, and they play for us the fans. We shared the season together, we’ll be there through thick and thin. It’s not simply sports entertainment for us. And there’s nothing like the atmosphere in my team’s home arena when it’s packed and the standing section’s singing spreads into the seated crowd. If ever you get the opportunity in the future, I highly recommend visiting an SHL playoff game!

On another note, one North American hockey tradition that always felt weird to me but which I’ve come to appreciate, (and which has been adopted in Sweden), is the handshake line after playoff exits. I’ve often marveled at the restraint — or actual respect, even — at display in those lines. “How can you resist the opportunity to bash that guy’s face in: he got away with murder and was rewarded with a championship for it?”

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Why do you say that it’s “some euro tradition”? Anything to back that up?

I don’t know the history of the tradition, but I do expect my team to come over and thank us for our support whether they win or lose, as a lifelong fan of Luleå in the SHL. And I expect us to show up loud and in great numbers no matter how they fare on the ice.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

your just a puppy dog, you have no idea what disappointment is and that list is pretty short. oh noooo we last won a cup in 2010/11. life's HARD
and thats what teams do, its a farewell

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe they should give them the finger instead?

Exactly what do you propose?

Boston's been a disappointment for a hundred years now... Let them wave to the fans at least.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
No, they should be boood of the ice, be pelted with dirt and whatever....:skeptic::rolleyes:

Whats up with these nonsense-threads in here?
Don't forget tarred and feathered for bringing shame to their city, too

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL

Nothing wrong with the fans and players showing love to each other. It may be the last time the players wear the jersey and the last time some fans ever go to a playoff game. Everyone loves winning, but sometimes in life you have to appreciate the moment and be thankful for what you have in front of youm

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

All time loser take. For so many reasons. The players played their asses off sacrificed their bodies and love the fans. But most importantly its the last time that entire group ever plays a game together.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It literally is "faux sincerity". No player actually cares outside of a hard fought win, and even then it's just a self-masturbatory action for proclamation.

People are so weird when you really look at it lol
This says all we need to know. Not that your other posts arent consistent but another huge tell if someone has played the sport or any sport in front of fans before.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad