Anyone able to watch todays Canada Practices for WJHC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Pretty self explanatory. Notice anything interesting if you did get to watch? Im assuming they are open to the public, they may not be? Also whos going to be able to see the intrasquad games when they are on? Id like reports haha, especially on setoguchi, pokulok, pouliot and Letang.

Oh yeah, this was for Canadas practices...

Last edited:

AgentNaslund*

Yes I was there for a good hour. Sorry I dont know who the hell the players were. There were no program guides or such. But a few players I reconized was Devon Setigouchi, Marc Staal, Luc Bourdon , Kyle Chipupara or something like that. those are the only guys I reconized. Sorry I cant give any more info. again, no program guide just a bunch of guys with numbers on their jersey.

The practice was high paced. Very very fast. These guys fly. Chances are Sutter is gonna go with a skating team. Alot of these guys were unbelievably fast. These guys are also higly skilled.

Goaltending, ok, theres one goalie that have pads that are orange and blue. Count him off the team. hes not gonna make it. I thought he sucked badly, and there was another goalie, he was real good.

btw, tommorow practice is also opened to the public.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm guessing this is the goalie with the orange and blue pads who had a bad day today?

WHLpg12dubnyk1.jpg

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Hmmmm, thats odd, Dubnyk had a good summer camp, I pegged him as a top 3 guy at the camp at least... We'll see I suppose, so when you say u recognized setoguchi, was it because of good play or his distinguishable face? How did he look anyways?

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
AgentNaslund said:
Goaltending, ok, theres one goalie that have pads that are orange and blue. Count him off the team. hes not gonna make it. I thought he sucked badly, and there was another goalie, he was real good.

That's Devan Dubnyk.

Julien Ellis has black and dark green (I think they're green) pads and Pogge has white Reeboks with very narrow red lines on them. I don't know what Price wears, but you can figure it out by knowing who the other three are.

AgentNaslund*

Eb0la11 said:
Hmmmm, thats odd, Dubnyk had a good summer camp, I pegged him as a top 3 guy at the camp at least... We'll see I suppose, so when you say u recognized setoguchi, was it because of good play or his distinguishable face? How did he look anyways?

nothing against Dubnyk. But I thought he wasnt very good today. They were doing drills, and stuff, and man, he was being ***** inside out. I remember a player deked him on scored back hand, puck on ice surface and u can hear the guy swear. YOu knew he was having a very bad day.

Setoguchi, i reconized him by his distinguihable face, and i decided to keep my eye on him. He looked good. Very skilled. Hes not big. good offenisve tools.

Julien Ellis was not here then. But the other goalie was almost as tall as him tho. U guys know who he might be?

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
If you saw Dubnyk, then you watched Team White practice, which means the other goalie was Carey Price (he has white Vaughn Velocity pads with black and silver stripes).

mooseOAK*

Spectacular_Bid said:
I laughed out loud when I read this - what insight!!!
"He guarded the net with the vigilance of a lion protecting her young, multicolored pads flying in all directions to thwart the evil discs"

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
If anyone is going to see the intrasquad game tonight I wouldnt mind hearing reports on Setoguchi mostly, but as well Pouliot, Pokulok, Letang and Pogge as well. Thatd be awesome even if someone could report who scored and line combos and stuff.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Tuesday practice-surprisingly few spectators especially since it is free.
No rosters so hard to id the players. Focused mainly on the goalies.
Pogge was outstanding. Based on only that practice he looked like the one. He was focused, very quick reflexes with glove hand, side to side and pad saves. The other goalie that I noticed who also had pretty quick reflexes wore white with thin dark stripes.
The goalies in blue/orange pads and dark green pads looked somewhate sluggish in comparison.
The intersquad games should be interesting to see if practice translates to a good game.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
RDS said that it's 3-0 Red.
Goals from Latnedresse Pouliot and Blunden and Brassard with 2 a

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Ended up being 4-0 Red.. Toronto's Pogge with the shut-out. Carey Price and Ellis get the start tomorrow and from what I heard on TSN, Habs boys Latendresse and Chipchura both are playing well and should be on the team. Almost sounded like Espisito might not make the cut though.. which is a suprise, even if he is 16 years old.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
That report by TSN doesnt tell me anything but stats. Those dont really matter, they are helpful and Im glad pouliot had a good night but I wanna know how setoguchi letang and pokulok looked? Anyone who went got some info? A BIG report would be nice.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Cerebral said:
Ouch, sounds like Dubnyk struggled...

It likely ended his dreams of making the team in fact ..

Tomorrow's practice has been cancelled and Price and Ellis-Plante will be in net on Wednesday's intra squad game ..

First cuts on Thursday morning likely .. So Dubnyk has no other opportunity to show his stuff ..

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Mess said:

Tomorrow's practice has been cancelled and Price and Ellis-Plante will be in net on Wednesday's intra squad game ..

First cuts on Thursday morning likely .. So Dubnyk has no other opportunity to show his stuff ..
They won't cut any goalies until the end. In the final game vs. UBC two of the goalies will play for UBC against Canada. The article also says Sutter called off practice for all players BUT the goalies, so he will be back out tomorrow. Not that this chances aren't slim as of now, but he is certainly not out of the running yet.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Mess said:

"There were some players that certainly showed why they're going to be on the team and there's some players showed perhaps they may not be on the team," Sutter said.

I think that he is speaking of Latendresse, Brassard, Pouliot, Blunden and Pogge on the good side note... And Dubnyk on one of the ones who showed why they may not be on the team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad