Anybody Here See A Problem With This New Cena T-Shirt ????

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
Hahahaha first thing I noticed when I saw it. The best is i saw a couple dirt sheet sites describing it as a "1980's inspired baseball theme" lmao

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
PBR is getting shredded on Twitter. Amazing.

What a dumb tweet. It's like they've never heard of fair use.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
All they did was make themselves loojk like jackasses and increase cena's shirt sales.

These are the type of idiots that go on youtube for copyright claims on parodies they have no rights over.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
That's fair use. I have a shirt for Jackson Hole, Wyoming that is effectively the same theme.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I'm from beer country & there is very popular shirt in the same idea but instead of cartoon Cena it simply says "WI Born & Raised"

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That's fair use. I have a shirt for Jackson Hole, Wyoming that is effectively the same theme.

I'm from beer country & there is very popular shirt in the same idea but instead of cartoon Cena it simply says "WI Born & Raised"

Yes but your shirts will not be on national TV almost every week for a few months and have huge sales totals. :nod:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Looks like a blatant ripoff to me. I think PBR has a case (Pun intended).

No, they don't. WWE can freely parody it under fair use and they can't do jack **** about it.

People get away with trying to copyright things like this on youtube where the system is abused but in real life situations like this, PBR won't get anywhere besides getting their ***** rinsed out by people on twitter :laugh:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Bully Ray's jack daniels shirt is more of a copy than Cena's

images

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
No, they don't. WWE can freely parody it under fair use and they can't do jack **** about it.

People get away with trying to copyright things like this on youtube where the system is abused but in real life situations like this, PBR won't get anywhere besides getting their ***** rinsed out by people on twitter :laugh:

Does this actually fall under parody fair use law? I don't see the satire or irony.

If PBR wanted to be witty they should design special wrestling parody cans using the likeness of WWE wrestlers. Unfunny fruity pebble guy can would be a good one although Fruity Pebbles might get involved.

In the end though it was pretty stupid for PBR to tweet that. On a separate note I truly hate Twitter. Despise even.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad