Any updates on Markov's game

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's really sad to see how under appreciated Markov has become. Really. We have pathetic fans.

Absolutely. I'm not convinced he can hold up but you can't deny his value to this team.

I really hate this racist crap in hockey too. Cherry's a blowhard but at least he's up front about his racism. The whole questioning the 'loyalty' of Russians to their team is just so despicable. I'd rather they called him a commie rat outright than this junk.

Don't even get me started on how PK gets treated.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
this is the part of hockey I didn't miss one ****ing bit. Such *********.

I've stayed away from all local hockey shows since the lockout. I don't think I'll ever got back to them. Just listen to tsn990 when in the car sometimes. But no french shows until they improve their staff, it's pathetic.

Myron Gaines*

this is the part of hockey I didn't miss one ****ing bit. Such *********.

Can't find the video anymore on RDS.ca, but it was really over the top. He said it was a lack of respect towards the organization and the fans.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Can't find the video anymore on RDS.ca, but it was really over the top. He said it was a lack of respect towards the organization and the fans.

Flying back to Montreal immediately and sleeping is that respectful? Because that's what he would have done. Before training camp starts his only duty is to get back... Which he's doing.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal

only a fringe analyst on rds would take what markov is doing negatively

so either you come back and twirl your thumbs till training camp starts, OR

you stay and play a few more games to get rid as much rust as possible so you can come back in the best game shape you can cause you know you respect the team and want to give them your best

but ofcourse it cant possibly be the second thing
it has to be that he's disrespecting the team and the fans cause he's russian

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
What better way to get people back watching hockey shows again than with a nice mini-scandal to kick off the season. I still have no earthly idea why people watch crap like that.

Myron Gaines*

What better way to get people back watching hockey shows again than with a nice mini-scandal to kick off the season. I still have no earthly idea why people watch crap like that.

Why do people smoke and drink? Why do people still follow the NHL after all of this?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Gastro (that is awesome) Therrien also had a freakout when Markov signed in the KHL and then another one when he got injured there, IIRC. That guy is a clown.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The thing is there are actually players screwing their NHL teams over. Visnovsky, who isn't Russian might I add, is refusing to come back and has left the Islanders in an awful position. Kovalchuk hasn't communicated with the Devils yet and refuses to leave Russia before he figures out if the new CBA costs him anything.

Markov isn't one of them. His only crime is showing Vityaz some respect.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
No worries folks

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs

#Habs Markov plays 18:19 healthy minutes in 3-1 KHL Vityaz win; that should be his final game before returning to Montreal

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
And there it goes. Markov returns to Montreal in game shape, showed respect to the KHL team and it's (few) fans who gave him a chance, and he isn't leading Putin's army to conquer Quebec. No harm done.

Myron Gaines*

And there it goes. Markov returns to Montreal in game shape, showed respect to the KHL team and it's (few) fans who gave him a chance, and he isn't leading Putin's army to conquer Quebec. No harm done.

We already have Poutine so...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
really? So being 3 days early for camp instead of 4 is cause to rehash this whole ridiculous loyalty issue?

Doesn't matter anymore...he played his last game in Russia and is not injured.

Unbelievable how many here would jump off a bridge for Markov.
I can't stand Gastro Therrien, but for me...there could be some concern...one more game is more than enough to get injured, especially Markov. It didn't happen...apparently he played his last game, so no more bickering over this, but still...we wouldn't be laughing if he got injured in that last game.

Habs' insurance would be paying for his salary for the rest of the season? or it would most probably be that Russian team? (and then we would have yet another thread about Markov's injury and his recovery time-frame,etc,etc).

Anyways...we Hab fans are always fighting about something! and calling each other idiots when we don't agree with each other!

I'll come here and apologize to everyone (sincerely) if Markov ever stays healthy enough to help us go far in the playoffs. I'll be happy to do that. Until then...to me he's one hit away from being injured for an entire season again. But for now...I'll wish Markov and his body good luck 'cause he's still a Hab and I want a good team (but no more ****ing 3 year contracts for Mr.Glass...no more!).
And nothing wrong with me demanding that Gorges and Subban take the time to teach Markov how to either protect himself or avoid violent bodychecks.

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
a bit disappointing how mellow you are with Markov...
Your post is missing something.

Haha!! It's still there...somewhere!;)
(I'll try to be more polite when it comes to Markov since many Hab fans get upset and annoyed with my comments about Markov...so I'll try to keep it to a minimum...for now!).

Anyways...the good news has been released...Markov played his last game in Russia and didn't get injured! and is now coming back to Montreal for his $5.75mil for this season!! (well...pro-ratio 48 games! so probably approx.4mil...whether he stays healthy or not! darn it! I can't stay away from these comments!!).

Last edited:

hogtownhabsfan*

Didn't he make the KHL all-star team?

It still boggles my mind seeing posts about buying Markov out or trading him to acquire cap space.

Who said that? All I said was that it wouldnt be the end of the world if he stayed in Russia.

Myron Gaines*

Markov speaks about it. http://www.montrealgazette.com/spor...s+controversy+playing+game/7790413/story.html

I really don't see how this is a controversy, at all.

Also LOL at that comment from some old man. "Mark-do me a favor and stay in Russia-don't need you here in th free world,"
I lol'd at this
“I’m not a boy who’s 16 years old,†he said. “I’m a big man and I make my decisions. (Playing) is my decision.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad