any old canucks tape collectors?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Okay, I found some footage of a bench-clearing brawl between Vancouver and Philadelphia in February of 1980 (you can probably find it yourself on YouTube). It's gotta be a first-generation copy of the footage. Unbelievable video quality for 1980 - looks even better deinterlaced and brought back up to 60fps. I'll post it once it's done uploading.

JA

Here's one I had not seen until recently:

I can assure you that there an abundance of Canucks game footage available on VHS. The problem, however, lies in procuring these tapes from their owners. Many owners possess private collections that they have no desire to share with others unless they receive rare footage of other games in return.

There is a sports footage trading market online on which owners of games trade their footage with others. Most taped footage of old, televised Canucks games is stored away in boxes across North America.

The other place where you might find a lot of rare footage is from the original source of the footage. I'm sure that there are many games in the CBC archives stored away on Betamax.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I dunno everybody else but I really like the

YYYY-MM-DD format.. It makes sorting in folder finder so much easier.

:naughty:

:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad