Any Mullet Arena post-game reviews?

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
It's not a bad place and getting into/out of the area is pretty easy. I didn't buy any food so can't comment on that but you're going to be relatively close to the ice regardless of what seats you have because of the size.

I might go back because I live in the area but it's not cheap. It's hard to justify spending over $300 per ticket + parking when you're not going to get the same atmosphere as a full size arena. The Coyotes venue tries to make it work but some of it is borderline cringeworthy. Trying to hype up a crowd that's 80% Rangers fans in a small arena is very difficult...but they try.

Bottom line, it's clean and easy to access but still expensive and don't expect the same atmosphere that a normal sized arena would have.

Reactions: egelband

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
I also had a conversation with another Rangers fan with a theory that Bettman is going to retire and Arizona will "win" the lottery to get Celebrini to help the franchise grow their fan base for a new arena.

Just throwing it out here in case it happens. Nice guy though and seemed to have a pretty good pulse on the AZ hockey fanbase.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I used to run minor league teams All three of my teams were in cities that still have hockey and all three had larger buildings. Cramped, very hard to get around and very limited concessions. Great college or minor league rink.

The good news for Coyote fans is that they have some great young talent (Guenther, Cooley, Keller and Doan) and more on the way but their back end is a mess.

It was a great atmosphere if you are a Ranger fan but I sort of felt sorry for the thousand or so Coyote fans. I’ve been there to see other teams but never as one sided a crowd. Of course, some nights not nearly as full either.

Side note…probably a unique experience for Sam and Joe also. They were at the top of the lower deck just a few feet from the crowd. You can see how close I got.

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpeg
    IMG_3170.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 2

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
One other thing I forgot to mention was the temperature. It was warmer than I expected in the arena. I was at the Rangers vs Panthers game in Sunrise, FL in December and it felt much cooler there compared to this arena. Maybe the drier air allows for less cooling?

Reactions: egelband

Hodes42

Mar 26, 2024
One other thing I forgot to mention was the temperature. It was warmer than I expected in the arena. I was at the Rangers vs Panthers game in Sunrise, FL in December and it felt much cooler there compared to this arena. Maybe the drier air allows for less cooling?
It’s a dry cold. 🙂
I used to live near the Glens Falls Civic Center (5,000 seat minor league arena) and it sounds like the Mullet is similar. Also sounds like supply and demand drives the ticket prices pretty high…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad