Proposal: Any interest in Tierney?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Assuming Ottawa is far behind a wildcard spot, do you guys have any interest in Tierney?

Rather vanilla low event centre that I think could be an upgrade over Shore/McLeod/Ryan.

Obvious down side is he isn’t a right handed centre and not the best at face offs, but playing him on the third and bumping Ryan down to the fourth line really revamps your guys bottom 6 IMO.

Reactions: Oilhawks

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Depends completely on the cost to me. Ryan has looked good at 3C, although pre-season and two games is too small of a sample size to really say if that's a hot streak or what we have. C depth is good to have, and we're wanting to contend so I would be fine with not using McLeod yet and bringing Tierney in. Again, the cost is the issue.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Depends completely on the cost to me. Ryan has looked good at 3C, although pre-season and two games is too small of a sample size to really say if that's a hot streak or what we have. C depth is good to have, and we're wanting to contend so I would be fine with not using McLeod yet and bringing Tierney in. Again, the cost is the issue.

Would there be a deal on the table to add to Tierney to get Lavoie? We’re starving for RW prospects.

Whose anchoring the third pair for you guys right now? Holden could be a piece to shore up for a playoff push as well.

McDavid
Drai/RNH
Tierney/Ryan
Tierney/Ryan

down the middle.

Maybe Holden - Bouchard could be a good pair.

Tierney @ 50% retention + Holden for Lavoie?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Would there be a deal on the table to add to Tierney to get Lavoie? We’re starving for RW prospects.

Whose anchoring the third pair for you guys right now? Holden could be a piece to shore up for a playoff push as well.

McDavid
Drai/RNH
Tierney/Ryan
Tierney/Ryan

down the middle.

Maybe Holden - Bouchard could be a good pair.
I doubt Lavoie is on the table. He's our only realy good RW prospect as well, ha ha.

The third pairing is Koekoek and Bouchard. Koekoek looks good enough so far. We have Russell still hanging around to step in if Koekoek falters. So not overly interested in Holden.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I doubt Lavoie is on the table. He's our only realy good RW prospect as well, ha ha.

The third pairing is Koekoek and Bouchard. Koekoek looks good enough so far. We have Russell still hanging around to step in if Koekoek falters. So not overly interested in Holden.

Any chance a second rounder isn’t too rich of a price for Tierney @ 50% a fair bit before the trade deadline to maximize games played for Edmonton?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Any chance a second rounder isn’t too rich of a price for Tierney @ 50% a fair bit before the trade deadline to maximize games played for Edmonton?
It's probably a fair offer. Do we even have a 2nd though? Seems like Holland is always trading our 2nd's. If we still have it, you can probably consider it available, ha ha.

EDIT - its attached to Keith for that trade. You've gotta come at Holland way earlier than this to get his 2nd. Maybe we can do the 2023 2nd. Ha ha.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'd love to add Tierney but I don't see how we could swing a deal unless the Sens are willing to take next year's 2nd or something

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not interested in Ottawa players. They usually suck after leaving Ottawa system. McCann is a better add.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yes, and imo the Sens are a great target at the deadline for a forward or goalie, depending on what we need

Not interested in Ottawa players. They usually suck after leaving Ottawa system. McCann is a better add.
Seems the opposite to me. They've held their value or even gained it. Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, Bishop, Driedger

I guess you refer to Duchene, Karlsson and Turris? Didnt they show bad signs as Sens though?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Yes, and imo the Sens are a great target at the deadline for a forward or goalie, depending on what we need

Seems the opposite to me. They've held their value or even gained it. Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, Bishop, Driedger

I guess you refer to Duchene, Karlsson and Turris? Didnt they show bad signs as Sens though?
You can throw in Ennis and Brassard as well. Ennis I thought was decent for us but in Ottawa system, he's always look like a different player.

Connor Brown. 4th liner on Toronto and now a top 6 player

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Wouldn't mind some sort of deal for Gustavsson... he looks like he could be a decent goalie.

He’s good to have in your pipeline but I don’t think I see much of a difference in potential between him and Skinner. Maybe Gus is better now, but neither should be dependant to backstop a serious contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad