Equipment: Any interest in a hockey stick database?

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
So I just started playing ice hockey recently and am planning on getting a better stick soon (playing with a pretty cheap one I got from Hockey Tron that doesn't fit me or my play style well). I have been researching sticks and the information out there is either outdated or incomplete. It is almost impossible to find the flex, lie, curve location, depth of curve, how open, and length of stick/blade.

So I thought, I'm a web developer, why not create a website and database for it? I could build a rig take all of my own measurements on actual flex, curve depth, how open the face is, etc. By measuring it all myself we would have an apples to apples comparison of sticks with measurements to help players pick what might be best for them.

What do you all think, sound useful at all? Or a huge waste of time?

Thanks!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Don't most websites you'd purchase from give you most of that information? Most sites have a specs area about the stick after you select one, and many have filters so you only get ones you're looking for.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
Waste of time. Hockey players don't care about **** like that
Haha, I'll take your word on it.

Don't most websites you'd purchase from give you most of that information? Most sites have a specs area about the stick after you select one, and many have filters so you only get ones you're looking for.
Most have some sort of basic chart, but no real good way of comparing brands. That said, I found this database that does 80% of what I want (minus the manual measurements), so I think I'll call this app idea a bit of a waste. Thanks though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad