Any info on Eric Hunter in the WHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:
I don't know much about him except that he has size and is willing to get physical. Please give me your opinions on him.

Eric is not a very big player, about 6' 180 lbs. He plays a gritty type game, but not physical, more of an agitator.

Eric has very good hand skills, nice playmaker and can chip in the odd goal. His skating is also a streanth. He is the kind of prospect that can make a scout look good, very nice upside. I expect to see him drafted in the 3-4th round. The knock on him early on is a bit of an attitude, but that seems to be about 70% of all prospects today. He doesn't show the leadership expected to get him higher in the draft.

BCCHL inactive

I see Hunter as more of a late-bloomer, and could bloom into a player like Matt Cooke.

I see him playing junior until he is 20, then he could get into the AHL at 21 and go on from there.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think Eric's up to 6'2'' now. Actually, I saw Eric play the Giants in February and he impressed with 2 assists. He plays a chippy game, but wont ever be mistaken for a physical player. Good hands, and enjoyed a decent season as a 17/18 year old. NHL upside: 3rd liner.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
I think Eric's up to 6'2'' now. Actually, I saw Eric play the Giants in February and he impressed with 2 assists. He plays a chippy game, but wont ever be mistaken for a physical player. Good hands, and enjoyed a decent season as a 17/18 year old. NHL upside: 3rd liner.

Eric is officailly listed at 5'11, 188. He has grown to about 6'.

He played last season as a 17 year old, showed solid progression from his 16 year old season. He had to adjust to a new coach, but should get tremendous ice time next season. Its really up to him, if he commits himself to the game he has NHL 2nd line upside, but if he continues to enjoy the good life more than the game, he will be a career AHL'er at best.

I would be suprised if somebody doesn't take a shot at him in the 3rd round, mid 4th at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad