Any chance at Draisaitl?

WestlakeWingFan

May 10, 2024
I know the Oilers are only down 1-0, but is there any chance they move Draisaitl if they go out again? They’d probably prefer to send him to the Eastern conference and the Wings have prospects to make it possible. Would a package like Edvinsson, Kasper, and #15 make Edmonton think about it? (This is assuming we have an extension for him btw)

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If I am the Oilers, I keep trying with McDavid and Drai for as long as possible, until the wheels fall off those two. But who knows, constant disappointment can cause bad decisions by management sometimes.

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Oh, man, if he's available it's a full court(rink) press.

Big game hunting time.

It'd be THE MOVE we've waited for, for years!

Let's keep watching! If Holland is fired, then some smoke will really start rolling!

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
If we trade for him with one year left in his contract he's probably not sticking around at the end of that year. We'd have to pay him something like $14M x 7 years and he still might bolt for a better chance at a cup.

If the Oilers sign him for some "reasonable" amount like $12M x 7 and then trade him, we don't have enough assets to offer and have an NHL team left. We'd have to give them Seider, Edvinsson, Raymond, and our next 3 first rounders.

I don't think we have the ammunition to go big-game hunting. We're out there with a squirrel rifle bouncing 22 slugs off of a rhino's hide.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
We have a chance as in like nothing is theoretically impossible. As I type this my key board could turn into a banana.
Well... Did it?!? You could have a real money maker on your hands with a keyboard that transforms into a banana!

Oh wait. You probably can't type using a banana.

How will we ever know??? :laugh::banana::laugh::banana::laugh::banana::laugh::banana::laugh:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Watch out, fun police are showing up with jokes!

Does trading Seider or Raymond really stop anyone from getting Draisaitl? ( Just assume resigning's are done both ways so Wings are getting an extended Draisaitl and Oil get extended Raymond/Seider.) No Wings aren't a stanley cup team NEXT year, and might only end up a little better or similar to this year's team, but the years after really shake out well.

Legitimately I do Edvinssion/Raymond/15th pick right now for an extended Leon Draisaitl.

Things absolutely get dicey if he won't extend, idk if it'd be worth it. You'd see teams ready to win now offer more/better.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Edmonton isn't going to trade Drai.

Holland is out after this year and they'll see if a better GM can make better moves.

Fingers crossed. Then I can root for the Oilers in the playoffs.

I just can't bring myself to do it after the dumpster fire Holland left behind here in Detroit because of the inevitable storylines of all his success in Detroit and now Edmonton.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Watch out, fun police are showing up with jokes!

Does trading Seider or Raymond really stop anyone from getting Draisaitl? ( Just assume resigning's are done both ways so Wings are getting an extended Draisaitl and Oil get extended Raymond/Seider.) No Wings aren't a stanley cup team NEXT year, and might only end up a little better or similar to this year's team, but the years after really shake out well.

Legitimately I do Edvinssion/Raymond/15th pick right now for an extended Leon Draisaitl.

Things absolutely get dicey if he won't extend, idk if it'd be worth it. You'd see teams ready to win now offer more/better.

It's like throwing Glavine and Maddux on top of Smoltz to get Alexander. Why do we need Draisaitl if we don't have Raymond and Edvinsson, that team is going to suck anyway?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
It's like throwing Glavine and Maddux on top of Smoltz to get Alexander. Why do we need Draisaitl if we don't have Raymond and Edvinsson, that team is going to suck anyway?
Not even close to that. See this is where Red Wings fan actually value their own players more than they're actually worth. Edvinsson plus Raymond actually are not better than having Draisaitl. (IMO).

How good/bad do you think Leon Draisaitl is? I think he's easy top 5 player so... yeah.

The team would be stalled out the same way it would for one year anyways(this year) and you'd have money, etc to build with a legitimate core of Draisaitl/Larkin/DeBrincat/Seider/Compher/Danielson/Kasper/Cossa. What I don't know is how much "extra" money Red Wings would have to sign a another F. Depending on how much they have they can offer a middle six veteran a 1 year or sign a tough guy or bring up a rookie.

Alex DeBrincat – (C) Dylan Larkin – J.T. Compher
Robby Fabbri – Leon Draisaitl(trade)Nate Danielson(Rookie)
Michael Rasmussen – (A) Andrew Copp – Jonatan Berggren(RFA)
Christian Fischer(Min)
Joe Veleno(RFA) ????(UFA/Rookie)

* Austin Czarnik(Min)

Jake Walman – Mortiz Seider(Extension)
(A) Ben Chiarot – Jeff Petry
Albert Johansson(Rookie) – Ollie Maata

* Justin Holl

Alex Lyon
Sebastian Cossa(Rookie)
Ville Husso

Clear case of sticker shock but adding Draisaitl for that price would easily set the Red Wings up better. They'd have legit runs within 1 or 2 years and could attract veteran free agents. (Similiar to Kane). Kind of have to wait for Fabbri/Petry/Maata/Husso to clear spots out after this next up coming season to target major upgrades.

Oilers themselves almost for sure don't even accept that trade.

Last edited:

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
How good/bad do you think Leon Draisaitl is? I think he's easy top 5 player so... yeah.

Alex DeBrincat – (C) Dylan Larkin – J.T. Compher
Robby Fabbri – Leon Draisaitl(trade)Nate Danielson(Rookie)

Wait, you didn't mean "top 5 player in the league" (which would've been more true..) but "top 5 player on our team", which is why you slotted him as 2C?

Hilarious. Better compare him and Larkin again? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad