Any A-Thunder fans?

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Curious as to if there are any Thunder fans from Adirondack around yet? Any thoughts from long time Adirondackers on here regarding the ECHL? Going to possibly be up that way next fall so looking forward to taking in an ECHL game in Adirondack, Devils AHL in Albany, and if I can squeeze it in one of the NCAA college teams near Albany. Which is better, Union or RPI?

Thunder God

Mar 12, 2007
ThunderDome
Curious as to if there are any Thunder fans from Adirondack around yet? Any thoughts from long time Adirondackers on here regarding the ECHL? Going to possibly be up that way next fall so looking forward to taking in an ECHL game in Adirondack, Devils AHL in Albany, and if I can squeeze it in one of the NCAA college teams near Albany. Which is better, Union or RPI?

I am a fan of the Thunder and Asgard a Mythological Place and I call it the Glens Falls Civic Center

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
If I'm in the area next season, I'll definitely catch some games. I'm curious to see what ECHL play looks like. I hope the fans in GF don't turn up their noses at it. For the foreseeable future, this is their only shot at minor hockey. If they want any sort of chance of the AHL again, tear down GFCC and put a new building up in Saratoga.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
any Thunder fans..?

Night., I'm not a Thunder fan.. But I do think they have one of the coolest logos in the sport.. That Viking is nice.
I might've made his stick a little more stylized & menacing tho (to resemble a Thor's hammer.)

ThunderWeb.jpg

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
What is going on up in Adirondack? I saw last weekend they had inducted one of the Hansen Brother's and even Ted Nolan into their hall of fame. Less then 3000 came out to honor the men and another person I am not familiar with but all seem historic to the once proud Adirondack Red Wings franchise. If this is an intentional protest, revolt, or just a change in the communities interest what a dramatic shift. If Adirondack NY wants AHL or nothing sadly they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. Raleigh-Durham and Nashville proved their support at the ECHL level long before the AHL was even viable in markets outside the northeast. Adirondack is supposed to be showcasing the All Star game next season, they can't think they are too good for the ECHL, can they? Orlando hosted it last year in the Am Way Center, major league building, Adirondack fans get off the high horse and go to some games geez!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad