Prospect Info: Anton Wahlberg, C/LW, Malmo (J20) - Selection 39OA, 2023 (Signed to 3 year ELC), Assigned to Roch 3/24/24

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
Doesn't have the the name pedigree as other prospects he thought of him as a late 2nd when it turns out he was drafted where should have been
If i remember correctly, the behind the scenes draft vid had the sabres trying to get wahlberg around pick 20-22

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
If i remember correctly, the behind the scenes draft vid had the sabres trying to get wahlberg around pick 20-22
Yea we aren't afraid to reach for the guys we like, I do have to give props to our amateur scouts they can find talent

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Remind me, what do we think the plan is for him next year SHL/Roch? Either way, he's going to be a brute against WJC competition. He already was last edition.

I hope our development guys are encouraging him to play with an edge. If he continues to bake that into his game, he's a guaranteed multimillionaire with his skating/hands/nullifier traits.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Remind me, what do we think the plan is for him next year SHL/Roch? Either way, he's going to be a brute against WJC competition. He already was last edition.

I hope our development guys are encouraging him to play with an edge. If he continues to bake that into his game, he's a guaranteed multimillionaire with his skating/hands/nullifier traits.

I would prefer SHL instead of the beatdown in the AHL. They don't tend to do the things I would though. :biglaugh:

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I would prefer SHL instead of the beatdown in the AHL. They don't tend to do the things I would though. :biglaugh:
I tend to agree. His role and comfort at Malmo seem ideal for another year of development. Plus it doesn't look like the forward prospect glut at Roch is any closer to clearing (also adding Ostlund).

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I tend to agree. His role and comfort at Malmo seem ideal for another year of development. Plus it doesn't look like the forward prospect glut at Roch is any closer to clearing (also adding Ostlund).
1 more year at the shl level isn't uncommon probably would only need 1 year at the ahl level after that

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I really think this guy is someone we should not put in a trade he has that skillset and size that we lack

Reactions: Dingo44

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kevin gonna put as 3C next year isn't he?

Only sort of in jest...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He said that he will decide after the season what he will do. How the games in AHL “feel” will influence that decision.
Not entirely up to him since he's not a 1st round pick. My guess is that Malmö and other teams still will release players if they want to leave but you never know.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think Appert is too confident in developing young prospects.

Let him stay in Europe another year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad