Value of: Anton Lundell (FLA)

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Might be, but Panthers would not be interested in picks solely. I think a package of 3rd liner, D prospect and pick would be interested package.
From Habs, something like Ylonen + Engstrom + solid pick or vet under reasonable contract.
I am not Florida fan, but your offer is so predictable.
Montreal fans always wants to get top end talent for not valuable surplus.
Can you try to propose fair trade for a change?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
While offensively he hasn't taken off he still fits the 3rd line role perfectly with Luostar. If they had an competent RW next to them other than Cousins I think his offensive game could grow more.
Last year they were paired with Reinhart and that line had some clutch goals.

I can't see a trade proposal for Lundell that both sides of fans would agree to.
Florida has no real reason to trade a 22 year old RFA center that still can blossom.
Reinhart is so happy not to be in Buffalo so he could make any line better to be honest.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I am not Florida fan, but your offer is so predictable.
Montreal fans always wants to get top end talent for not valuable surplus.
Can you try to propose fair trade for a change?
Sure, you are right. The point is it could be even bigger package like:
Ylonen, Savard or Dvorak (50% retained), some young D (Harris, Engstrom, Struble...), some prospect F (Mesar, Farrell...) , 2nd round pick.

It could be like package of assets, each worth around 2nd round pick which might address different needs for Panthers. As I said, it might come from Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim, Columbus, Flyers.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I totally agree that he has some untapped potential and that is the reason why he could attract several teams. I was thinking about rebuilding teams like Habs, Detroit, Chicago and similar move as Habs did with Dach or Newhook. Those teams might look for young player with top 6 potential and they might have some interesting pieces to offer. Vets, solid bottom 6 players under reasonable contract, prospects, picks.

Would prefer a more 1 for 1 type trade and not pieces of lesser value adding up to a sum.

Florida is by no means ready to give up on him, he's stalled offensively but his 3rd line is more defensively minded. If management want to increase his offense, he could always be tried on the wing in the top 6.

Ring, ring…Hi this is Kent Hughes here, just wondering about Lundell…

If he were available I could see Montreal interested, especially if the Panthers want D prospects.

Not sure Montreal would be an option, rather move him out of conference and avoid making a divisional team better unless the prospect is too good to pass up.

Reactions: Laus723 and malcb33

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Did Forsling somehow stop to exist?
Yeah, unfortunately, we lost him to the snap.

main-qimg-a9fb5efca64439dc5aa3a79169142ed2-lq.jpeg

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Did Forsling somehow stop to exist?
He is UFA this summer as well, Ekblad and Mikkola are only D with contract for next year. So they need to sign him with limited cap space. I would say their FAs might get at least:
Reinhart 7.5M
Montour 5.5M
Forsling 4.0M
Lundell 3.0M

Realistically, they cannot fit them all under the cap.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd say he's a reasonable comparable for Newhook, who went for 2 picks in the 30s (31 and 37, as I recall).

I could imagine Montreal offering a pair of seconds, but they don't have their own so unlikely they will be as high as 37, or trying to build a conditional deal based on Florida's pick in 2025, since the most likely outcome of their Monahan deal is that Montreal gets that pick.

I think Bobrovsky's contract will scare off a lot of teams.
Maybe Lyndell to move Bob contract?

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Would prefer a more 1 for 1 type trade and not pieces of lesser value adding up to a sum.

Florida is by no means ready to give up on him, he's stalled offensively but his 3rd line is more defensively minded. If management want to increase his offense, he could always be tried on the wing in the top 6.

Not sure Montreal would be an option, rather move him out of conference and avoid making a divisional team better unless the prospect is too good to pass up.
I agree and understand any team would need to pay premium price especially if it is division rival. I already take him as top 6 player.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Well, if the goal is to lower the cap hit, getting an equivalent piece only works if it's a kid on his ELC.

Newhook went for 2 picks who became a role player and a prospect, and I expect a similar outcome if Florida decides it needs to move Lundell for a lower cap hit.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If the Girard issue had more clarity, I don't think this is that far away from reasonable from an Avs fan pov.

I don't think 1 for 1 would work, but working out the rest would just be pages of arguments over insignificant adds
I don't see Girard as tradable any time soon. No GM will take a risk given the term on his high salary contract.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Have no desire to move him at the moment, unless it's in a "holy shit we just got Tkachuk" type deal, I don't see him being moved tbh.

Reactions: mattihp

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
He is UFA this summer as well, Ekblad and Mikkola are only D with contract for next year. So they need to sign him with limited cap space. I would say their FAs might get at least:
Reinhart 7.5M
Montour 5.5M
Forsling 4.0M
Lundell 3.0M

Panthers have 29M in cap space for next season. They could potentially increase that by another 4M if they bought out Bobrovsky.

If Reinhart, Montour, Forsling, and Lundell cost them around 21M, they'd still have around 8M to 12M left for 10 or 11 more roster spots to fill. It's tight but doable. Buying out Bobrovksy's contract would be necessary to make it work I guess.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Reinhart 7.5M
Montour 5.5M
Forsling 4.0M
Lundell 3.0M

Forsling is getting over 4 mil. He’s an excellent player. So underrated on these boards.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sure, you are right. The point is it could be even bigger package like:
Ylonen, Savard or Dvorak (50% retained), some young D (Harris, Engstrom, Struble...), some prospect F (Mesar, Farrell...) , 2nd round pick.

It could be like package of assets, each worth around 2nd round pick which might address different needs for Panthers. As I said, it might come from Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim, Columbus, Flyers.
Don’t think they’d be interested in quantity for quality type move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad