Antoine Bibeau Discussion

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Okay... want a history lesson? Rask.

Not saying he's going to be that good, but who knows, he's only 22. We can keep both.

Sparks has in no way ever been on the level of Rask. Ever!
Unless I missed sparks shutting the door in the wjc to carry his country to a medal while being wickedly out shot game after game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Umm what?

If anything, Sparks is in the NHL next year. This is what we have right now

NHL:
Bernier
Sparks

AHL:
Bibeau
Kaskisuo

I don't see a reason to ditch Sparks, he's progressing alright, is still young and looking solid most nights. He also bounced around a lot this year playing in the ECHL, AHL, and NHL

He looked poor most nights actually. Fantastic Debut, but there was a reason they kept putting Sparks in net when Bernier was red hot down the stretch.

The kid is turning 23, and has shown no real NHL potential, other than being a low end backup.

Both Bibeau and Kaskisuo have much more potential.

Expect Sparks to be non-tendered and become a UFA.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Bibeau could be the guy for 10 years

I don't mind keeping the current 4 goalies for next season. There is time to make a trade or UFA in the future if things don't work out with the three youngsters.

Gotta say after watching Bibeau this season....especially late in the season and playoffs. He looks NHL ready....and maybe NHL good.

The reason I wouldn't want to make a big trade for a goalie, let's say for Freddie Andersen, you cut the games for evaluation of the youngsters possibly. If there is expansion who would you protect Andersen or possibly a good, young, inexpensive Bibeau.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I think Bibeau should start the year backing up Bernier, and Sparks and Kaskisuo split the AHL games. Gives Bibeau some exposure to the NHL and also gives management a good look at Kaskisuo. I just feel like Sparks is maxed out in his ability already.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Bibeau to me needs to be the undisputed AHL starter next season to see what he can do over a full AHL season. I've liked him since he basically propelled Val D'or to the Memorial Cup on his own, but his consistency has left something to be desired his entire career.

Use Sparks as the NHL backup next season (If we resign him), but if Bernier goes down give Bibeau a shot as the #1 in the NHL. I've never really been a big fan of Sparks, he reminds me of a worse version of Reimer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad