Prospect Info: Anthony Mantha named QMJHL MVP

DatsyukianDekes

Feb 8, 2012
Kind of hope his team gets knocked out in the playoffs quickly. Would love to see him get some playoff time with the Griffins.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Kind of hope his team gets knocked out in the playoffs quickly. Would love to see him get some playoff time with the Griffins.

I wouldn't wish for him to get knocked out. since he is a leader on his team and a strong Memorial Cup has proven to be good for development (Jurco, Frk). If the Griffins continue to play like they are. he could still end up playing a few late playoffs games with them. even after a deep run.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
No surprise and well deserving

Nice, Sproul CHL d-man of the year followed up by Mantha being MVP of the Q. The talent coming up the pipeline is among the best in the NHL. They will complement Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, DeKeyser and Jurco nicely. Gotta get Mrazek up with the big club next season too. :yo:

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I wouldn't wish for him to get knocked out. since he is a leader on his team and a strong Memorial Cup has proven to be good for development (Jurco, Frk). If the Griffins continue to play like they are. he could still end up playing a few late playoffs games with them. even after a deep run.
Plus, if he gets far enough the games could be broadcast on some sort of channel everybody could watch. Would be pretty cool to see him play.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Nyquist - Mantha
Tatar - Jurco

Does it matters who centers our top two lines for the future? It's going to be one hell of a top six for a while, boys.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Nyquist - Mantha
Tatar - Jurco

Does it matters who centers our top two lines for the future? It's going to be one hell of a top six for a while, boys.

Sheahan + McCann ? Works for me. :handclap:

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
For those of us who remember 2002-2006, it's going to be beautiful to see Dats as the Goat on his line!

Very excited to see Datsyuk and/or Z as old goats on lines with a couple of kids in a few years (whether or not it happens with both of them is questionable, Franzen being locked up long term might make it iffy). Both have high enough hockey IQs that they should have no problems being extremely effective while the young guys transition (... well, really just waiting on the Mantha transition, at this point) into the league.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
My dream is that one of Nyquist and Martha can develop into a center; a line of Zetterberg -Nyquist -Mantha would be special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad