Player Discussion: Anthony Cirelli

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
His production ramped up when I started pointing it out. Your welcome everyone.

Who's next? Paul?
With that ramping up he's at a .46 ppg pace. I'd love it if he took another step offensively to give us two consistent scoring lines, but I'd think it would have happened by now. His line tonight with Hagel and ABB looked pretty good. If he and Hagel develop chemistry we'll have something 🤞 Too bad they got somewhat robbed on that offside call.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Another thing that pisses me off about Cirelli is how he's become as soft as Charmin. He was never a big time hitter in regards to volume but it's pretty pathetic right now. His hits per/60 has been going down every season. Barre-Boulet hits at a higher rate than he does. Not saying he has to hit to justify his contract but it sure would help if he was a last adding more things to his game because he sure isn't putting up the points. Point is the only regular who has less hits but Point is there to score which he does. Cirelli isn't even a small guy, he's 6'1 and almost 200. Eyssimont is 6' 200 and is doing what Cirelli should be doing while scoring similar to him for 6M less.

• Love
Reactions: Tampa22 and Hoek

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
XlMqdJA.png

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
On pace for 20 goals and 44 points. Still would like to see the point totals go up, but if he breaks the 20 goal hump for the first time in his career, that would be hilarious. Will love to see some people's reactions to it.

Reactions: Peacefool

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
On pace for 20 goals and 44 points. Still would like to see the point totals go up, but if he breaks the 20 goal hump for the first time in his career, that would be hilarious. Will love to see some people's reactions to it.
I think that is roughly the line where we can say his contract is justified.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Probably would be like when Killorn did it, and hopefully signal a surge in production that holds like it did in his case.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I'd be glad. I'd rather watch this team win than be right about a prediction on an internet forum.

Reactions: Stammertime91

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
0 goals and 1 assist in his last 12. -5 in that span. Playing 18-20mins a night.

"I don't get the Cirelli hate"

6.25M cap hit, year 1 of 8.
Can’t say the hustle isn’t there but that’s about it unfortunately. We should trade him while we still can (NTC kicks in for 2025-26). It will make us a worse team come playoffs but an offensive upgrade would give us a chance to even make them.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Can’t say the hustle isn’t there but that’s about it unfortunately. We should trade him while we still can (NTC kicks in for 2025-26). It will make us a worse team come playoffs but an offensive upgrade would give us a chance to even make them.
If he was in the 4-5M range, perfect. If he's already peaked, not fine. I don't see anything another forward tasked with assignments can't do for a fraction of the cost. I agree, moving him for a legit 2C or top 6 winger makes us better. Give Paul or Ace 3C.

Bergeron, ROR, Stone, etc haven't won the cup every year. Cirelli doesn't have a selke. Keeping him around as part of the argument to do so when he's being outproduced by Paul who makes half his salary is a problem. Ace has four less points than him and plays 11-12mins a night. Cirelli is a damn good hockey player, but redundant AND overpaid for what the Lightning need.

Wester

Oct 5, 2020
Hungary
If he was in the 4-5M range, perfect. If he's already peaked, not fine. I don't see anything another forward tasked with assignments can't do for a fraction of the cost. I agree, moving him for a legit 2C or top 6 winger makes us better. Give Paul or Ace 3C.

Bergeron, ROR, Stone, etc haven't won the cup every year. Cirelli doesn't have a selke. Keeping him around as part of the argument to do so when he's being outproduced by Paul who makes half his salary is a problem. Ace has four less points than him and plays 11-12mins a night. Cirelli is a damn good hockey player, but redundant AND overpaid for what the Lightning need.
We need to better defensively and we need better goaltending performance. Cirelli not scoring is not the problem in my opinion

Reactions: LeafLoyalist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad