Post-Game Talk: Another week, another embarrassing loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Leafs still not playoff ready. Core is very talented but take a lot of abuse by every team they play. I guess it'll take one of them to speak up to management to f...kin do something about that. Ottawa & Islanders ran at them all night. We do next to nothing to answer.
Really? Complain to your boss? f***ing run them back and show the other teams that you won't stand up for it. Everybody says these games don't matter the dog days of the Season blah blah blah then elbow somebody or spear somebody or chop somebody get them off your back. Show some emotion

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Really? Complain to your boss? f***ing run them back and show the other teams that you won't stand up for it. Everybody says these games don't matter the dog days of the Season blah blah blah then elbow somebody or spear somebody or chop somebody get them off your back. Show some emotion
None of the elite stars on other teams have to do this. Why do our stars always get called out for this? You see Brayden Point having to hack away? No he's too busy putting up playoff points, well insulated by his team mates.

That tells you it is the GM's job to figure it out, not the cores.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
None of the elite stars on other teams have to do this. Why do our stars always get called out for this? You see Brayden Point having to hack away? No he's too busy putting up playoff points, well insulated by his team mates.

I didn't isolate them as the only ones that should do it to be fair. And quite frankly lots of other teams top players snap and go at people and run them back

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I didn't isolate them as the only ones that should do it to be fair. And quite frankly lots of other teams top players snap and go at people and run them back
Those are isolated highlights that replay. So it gives impression those top players are always doing that.

Elite stars that carry their teams through skill and points spend majority of their time not snapping. The teams that win cups are well insulated.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Those are isolated highlights that replay. So it gives impression those top players are always doing that.

Elite stars that carry their teams through skill and points spend majority of their time not snapping. The teams that win cups are well insulated.

Ok

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
TB has also won twice as many cups as we've won playoff rounds in the last 3 years.

They have more then deserved and earned the benefit of the doubt in the regular season because they've proven that they can kick it up a notch in the playoffs.
It does and doesn't work that way.

Yes you can point to past success, but year to year teams have turnover that eventually either helps or deters them.

The Leafs are a completely different team outside their so called core.

Unless you firmly believe the core is the problem, it is ridiculous to say they will either win or lose.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to Tampa is equally as ridiculous as they are no longer nearly the team they were. They do however still have Vasi who can steal any series.

Judging a team by any one game, or henpecking a dozen to judge whether they are good or bad during the regular season is foolhardy and can't be taken seriously.

They have no better chance of winning the cup based on if thwy won last night or got smoked.

If they had won 7-2, it would have not changed your mind.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London

Point fights his own battles and drops the gloves when he has too.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We don't have those personalities in our core guys .. JT Mitchy are really really nice guys and do crack emotion here and there over da years I have seen it in them as kids .. Matty and Willy are more reserved people and from i know they have always been like that .. you can't force someone to be something they aren't .. we don't have a MAC type here .. we never have had it since Wendy

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Or being forced to sign stiffs like Clarkson or Marleau because you have no money to sign better players because you overpaid a (not quite) elite player.
Clarkson and Marleau were incredibly expensive. More expensive than countless better players. Your statement is illogical.

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
Too many changes to the team after TDL.

Its time to settle down the lines and no more experimenting around the block.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
@Jamason : I'm sorry, but you really lost me there, Bud.

Dave Nonis signed David Clarkson in 2013.

Lou Lamoriello signed Patrick Marleau in 2017.

Kyle Dubas signed John Tavares in 2018.

I have no idea what these contracts have to do with each other.

Your post and your reply make no sense at all to me.

Rubyblue

Apr 13, 2021
It does and doesn't work that way.

Yes you can point to past success, but year to year teams have turnover that eventually either helps or deters them.

The Leafs are a completely different team outside their so called core.

Unless you firmly believe the core is the problem, it is ridiculous to say they will either win or lose.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to Tampa is equally as ridiculous as they are no longer nearly the team they were. They do however still have Vasi who can steal any series.

Judging a team by any one game, or henpecking a dozen to judge whether they are good or bad during the regular season is foolhardy and can't be taken seriously.

They have no better chance of winning the cup based on if thwy won last night or got smoked.

If they had won 7-2, it would have not changed your mind.
Sure, but the same thing has been happening for 7 years now. Scouting report still is to lean on the leafs, expect backward & sideways passes & you'll beat them. Teams don't do that consistently in the regular season, but sure do in the playoffs. Don't know what the answer is but it's got to change.

Reactions: Jojalu and mikeyz

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Sure, but the same thing has been happening for 7 years now. Scouting report still is to lean on the leafs, expect backward & sideways passes & you'll beat them. Teams don't do that consistently in the regular season, but sure do in the playoffs. Don't know what the answer is but it's got to change.
Was just about to respond to him saying something similar to this.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
We don't have those personalities in our core guys .. JT Mitchy are really really nice guys and do crack emotion here and there over da years I have seen it in them as kids .. Matty and Willy are more reserved people and from i know they have always been like that .. you can't force someone to be something they aren't .. we don't have a MAC type here .. we never have had it since Wendy
Tucker, Roberts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad