G - Schneider
G - Andersen
UTIL - Carlson
B - Elias
B - Vrbata
B - Cammaleri
B - Nichushkin
B - Gibson

I'm not thrilled with my goalie situation, or my whole team in general. It's the first year of a keeper league (3 keepers). I'm just looking for people to pick my team apart, and any advice at all. I'd really like to trade for Backstrom - any advice on who to offer there would be great as well.

Thanks!!

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
If Gibson can take over the #1 in Anaheim, going forward with Stamkos, MacKinnon and Gibson would be an awesome trio of keepers.

PRMan

Aug 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, CA
www.product4me.com
10 team league, Yahoo! H2H
Forwards: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - Stamkos
C - MacKinnon
LW - Zetterberg
LW - Datsyuk
RW - Skinner
RW - Jagr
D - Shattenkirk
D - Byfuglien
D - Kronwall
D - Wisniewski
G - Schneider
G - Andersen
UTIL - Carlson
B - Elias
B - Vrbata
B - Cammaleri
B - Nichushkin
B - Gibson

I'm not thrilled with my goalie situation, or my whole team in general. It's the first year of a keeper league (3 keepers). I'm just looking for people to pick my team apart, and any advice at all. I'd really like to trade for Backstrom - any advice on who to offer there would be great as well.

Thanks!!

Relying on washed up guys with big names like Jagr and Cammalleri and Elias and Vrbata is a mistake. You want to find young players without big names that have good numbers and are likely to get better. MacKinnon and Gibson are excellent picks for this reason.

I would try to find some overlooked guys like this that are likely to have excellent seasons. Tanner Pearson, for instance, put up massive numbers in his short time with the Kings and is likely to be even better playing with Jeff Carter and Toffoli or Richards on the other wing. But despite winning a Cup with LA, he probably still isn't known to half of your competitors.

You need to dig in and find young guys in excellent spots where they are likely to get huge playing time with great players.

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
Relying on washed up guys with big names like Jagr and Cammalleri and Elias and Vrbata is a mistake. You want to find young players without big names that have good numbers and are likely to get better. MacKinnon and Gibson are excellent picks for this reason.

I would try to find some overlooked guys like this that are likely to have excellent seasons. Tanner Pearson, for instance, put up massive numbers in his short time with the Kings and is likely to be even better playing with Jeff Carter and Toffoli or Richards on the other wing. But despite winning a Cup with LA, he probably still isn't known to half of your competitors.

You need to dig in and find young guys in excellent spots where they are likely to get huge playing time with great players.

Thanks for replying. I don't think Jagr is washed up, myself. I also think the Devils have a big year. Cammalleri, Elias and Vrbata were my last picks, and I'd have no problem getting rid of them for younger players... I'm just not sure Pearson is the right guy. He played well, but I'm not sure his 7 reg season points were "massive numbers" in comparison. He did well in the playoffs, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable dropping one of the vets for him just yet.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
10 team league, Yahoo! H2H
Forwards: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - Stamkos
C - MacKinnon
LW - Zetterberg
LW - Datsyuk
RW - Skinner
RW - Jagr
D - Shattenkirk
D - Byfuglien
D - Kronwall
D - Wisniewski
G - Schneider
G - Andersen
UTIL - Carlson
B - Elias
B - Vrbata
B - Cammaleri
B - Nichushkin
B - Gibson

Thanks!!

not bad but d could be better. at least you know 2 of the 3 keepers going forward(stamkos/mackinnon)

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009

I don't necessarily agree. I would be more concerned with vets at the top end of the lineup (Datsyuk/Zetterberg) than guys who would have gone in mid-late rounds like Vrbata/Elias.

Obviuosly you want to find sleepers, but at the end of the day when you're hoping for a ~50 point guy its usually safer to bet on the guy whos done it 3-4 times recently than hoping a guy like Pearson hits 40.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA

I completely disagree with Jagr being washed up. He may be 43, but I said it earlier and I'll say it again, unless he gets injured, expect him to put up ~65pts. Cammalleri, Elias, and Vrbata though, I do agree with, definitely find some young guys to slip them with. I'll say it right now and it's slightly homer but I generalize it a bit: Look at those teams that have been bad recently, but could make an emergence. NYI, FLA, and EMD. Remember, these teams all have been in the bottom of the standings for the past couple years, which means they have high-end young players and the teams all have their own reasons for why they could make the push into the playoffs (some more likely than others). Also consider the playoff contenders young players, because those players likely will be on lines with strong vets.

Also, I wouldn't be too displeased with the goaltending. Schneider is a great goalie, and having the tandem of Gibson and Andersen in net this season guarantees you get every game unless an injury occurs. Both are strong goalies and expect them both to play really well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad