Post-Game Talk: Another late goal, another late loss, Jets lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Depending on the angle viewed it seems to me that the crosscheck was on the upper shoulder not the neck as is widely being stated. The picture with the story in the Sun today shows it clearly on the shoulder. Not to excuse what Buff did there but the potential for serious injury is much less than if it was the neck. Given that there was no penalty called, there was no injury and that Buff is a first offender (AFAIK) I think it should be 1 or 2 games. I guess we will soon know the decision but what I saw happen and what I keep hearing said about it do not match. I think it is being exaggerated because it is Buff.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
By benefit of high definition slow motion replays- this cross check has big Buff found guilty of near bloody murder.
I do not agree nor condone his actions on this play but please do not come here and spout that one day he will kill someone or somehow this incident is comparable to the Bertuzzi mauling.
Seriously???
Buff did not go out on that shift looking to intentionally hurt anyone- fact is he didn't hurt anyone.
Does he deserve supplemental discipline- sure. But it needs to be consistent with what the league has set precedent for these types of incidents.
Lately- the NHL has not been severely punishing players and I would expect the same with this case.
2 games max.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Depending on the angle viewed it seems to me that the crosscheck was on the upper shoulder not the neck as is widely being stated. The picture with the story in the Sun today shows it clearly on the shoulder. Not to excuse what Buff did there but the potential for serious injury is much less than if it was the neck. Given that there was no penalty called, there was no injury and that Buff is a first offender (AFAIK) I think it should be 1 or 2 games. I guess we will soon know the decision but what I saw happen and what I keep hearing said about it do not match. I think it is being exaggerated because it is Buff.

yeah, somebody on the Big Show this morning described it as a cross check "to the head." :shakehead It's gaining mythology by the minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad