Another Alexander Picard in the QMJHL and 2004 Q prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This Picard plays for Lewiston, IMO besides Petr Pohl he is the best player out of the QMJHL for this years draft, a real sniper with great size and the ability to rise his game in big situations he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 9 games so far this year. I don't know if he is related to the other Picard who is on Cape Breton or not but this Picard has some serious offensive talent. Watch out for him to make a run for the 1st round in next years NHL draft.

The top guys from the QMJHL to watch right now for this draft IMO would be in my order:

1. Petr Pohl. Forward. Gathieau
2. Alexander Picard. Forward. Lewiston
3. Julien Ellis. Goalie. Shawinigan
4. Michel Sersen. Defense. Rimouski
5. Alexander Imbeault. Forward. Quebec
6. David Laliberte. Forward. PEI
7. Jan Steber. Forward. Halifax
8. Olivier Latendresse. Forward. Val-d'Or
9. Kevin Mailhoit. Forward. Drummondville
10. Marek Hascek. Forward. Shawinigan

Maihoit has the potential to be in the top 3 on this list, but he seems to be strugling right now so with only 3 goals in 10 games so far he is going to have to really start to play some good hockey soon. Other players I feel are falling a bit early in the season are Sebastien Gauthier from Shawinigan and Brent Aubin from Rouyn Noranda. Jan Steber from the Mooseheads is very raw right now, but by seasons end he could be in the top 5 on this list maybe even 3rd or so? Another guy that I am looking to having a serge of his ranking while the year goes on is Benoit Doucet of Victoriaville.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
moosefan said:
This Picard plays for Lewiston, IMO besides Petr Pohl he is the best player out of the QMJHL for this years draft, a real sniper with great size and the ability to rise his game in big situations he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 9 games so far this year. I don't know if he is related to the other Picard who is on Cape Breton or not but this Picard has some serious offensive talent. Watch out for him to make a run for the 1st round in next years NHL draft.

The top guys from the QMJHL to watch right now for this draft IMO would be in my order:

1. Petr Pohl. Forward. Gathieau
2. Alexander Picard. Forward. Lewiston
3. Julien Ellis. Goalie. Shawinigan
4. Michel Sersen. Defense. Rimouski
5. Alexander Imbeault. Forward. Quebec
6. David Laliberte. Forward. PEI
7. Jan Steber. Forward. Halifax
8. Olivier Latendresse. Forward. Val-d'Or
9. Kevin Mailhoit. Forward. Drummondville
10. Marek Hascek. Forward. Shawinigan

Maihoit has the potential to be in the top 3 on this list, but he seems to be strugling right now so with only 3 goals in 10 games so far he is going to have to really start to play some good hockey soon. Other players I feel are falling a bit early in the season are Sebastien Gauthier from Shawinigan and Brent Aubin from Rouyn Noranda. Jan Steber from the Mooseheads is very raw right now, but by seasons end he could be in the top 5 on this list maybe even 3rd or so? Another guy that I am looking to having a serge of his ranking while the year goes on is Benoit Doucet of Victoriaville.

What about Renaud DesAlliers from Gatineau...he's having a good start!!!

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
montreal said:
What about Danick Jasime-Reil. He seems to be playing well and has NHL size.

Jasmin-Riel could be taken in 2nd round if he can avoid injury, he deserve to be on that list.
He's pretty close to Urquhart IMO

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Riel has been mooching off El Sid.

And I think Picard is over rated a bit there Moosefan. Also why do you have Imbeault so high? He weighs 142 lbs. And isnt exactly lighting it up.

Mailhiot will bounce back. He has too much raw skill and size not to break out.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
Riel has been mooching off El Sid.

And I think Picard is over rated a bit there Moosefan. Also why do you have Imbeault so high? He weighs 142 lbs. And isnt exactly lighting it up.

Mailhiot will bounce back. He has too much raw skill and size not to break out.

I have been a Picard fan ever since I seen him play last year, I just really think that he has the potential, Imbeault IMO though only 148 lbs at 6'00 tall he has a few months to really put some size on, I seen this kid play and IMO he has some real talent on the ice, I think he just has to get a little more adapted to the league then he will take off for a solid season.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
moosefan said:
I have been a Picard fan ever since I seen him play last year, I just really think that he has the potential, Imbeault IMO though only 148 lbs at 6'00 tall he has a few months to really put some size on, I seen this kid play and IMO he has some real talent on the ice, I think he just has to get a little more adapted to the league then he will take off for a solid season.

Picard is also a late 85, that could hurt him. He is off to a quick start, but Roussin was last year as well.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
So far tonight Picard has 2 goals

you can't compare Roussin with Picard, because Roussin has a great start last year and after it wasn't so good, but it was because he played on the top line during the time some of the players of Sherbrokke were on nhl camp, when they returned to Sherbrooke, he saw less time on the ice. This is not the same thing with Picard because he will play all season long on the first line.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anfernic said:
So far tonight Picard has 2 goals

you can't compare Roussin with Picard, because Roussin has a great start last year and after it wasn't so good, but it was because he played on the top line during the time some of the players of Sherbrokke were on nhl camp, when they returned to Sherbrooke, he saw less time on the ice. This is not the same thing with Picard because he will play all season long on the first line.

My point was that you cant judge players on the first 10 games of the season. I know the circumstances why Roussin stoped producing. And also playing on the 2nd line can be just as good considering you dont face the #1 checking line, or defensive units.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
My point was that you cant judge players on the first 10 games of the season. I know the circumstances why Roussin stoped producing. And also playing on the 2nd line can be just as good considering you dont face the #1 checking line, or defensive units.

I am not judging a player on the first 10 games of the season, I said last year, that this guy has the skills to be a great pick in this years draft. I called it at the beginning of the year that Picard will be one of the offensive leaders for Lewiston. Last year he was on a very limited ice time, but the time that he was out there he utilzed it very well and showed great skill.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
moosefan said:
I am not judging a player on the first 10 games of the season, I said last year, that this guy has the skills to be a great pick in this years draft. I called it at the beginning of the year that Picard will be one of the offensive leaders for Lewiston. Last year he was on a very limited ice time, but the time that he was out there he utilzed it very well and showed great skill.

Good points and I respect your opinion, but i just have different views on Picard.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
Good points and I respect your opinion, but i just have different views on Picard.

good point as well, if everyones opinion was the same

A) these boards would be one dull read

B) there would be no need for this board

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
moosefan said:
good point as well, if everyones opinion was the same

A) these boards would be one dull read

B) there would be no need for this board

Also here are a couple other players you should really watch. I expect them to really climb up rankings as the season goes on.

D - Olivier Magnon - Rou
G - Phillipe Roberge - Rou
F - Nic Robillard - BaC
F - Freddy Cabana - Hal
F - Nick Fugere - Gat
F - Jordan LaVallee - Que
F - Sebastien Gauthier - Sha

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
Also here are a couple other players you should really watch. I expect them to really climb up rankings as the season goes on.

D - Olivier Magnon - Rou
G - Phillipe Roberge - Rou
F - Nic Robillard - BaC
F - Freddy Cabana - Hal
F - Nick Fugere - Gat
F - Jordan LaVallee - Que
F - Sebastien Gauthier - Sha

Ido like Robillard and Roberge, I would have to say I am not a Cabana or Gauthier fan. Magnon, LaVallee and Fugere I would have to see play first.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
moosefan said:
Ido like Robillard and Roberge, I would have to say I am not a Cabana or Gauthier fan. Magnon, LaVallee and Fugere I would have to see play first.

Cabana plays a really gritty style. Scouts always look for that. His offensive upside is limited but he is a tremendous skater. Plus he played with the U18 Canada team, so that should up his stock.

Gauthier is pretty big, and has improved a lot, he should be picked pretty high.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
moosefan said:

Fugere doesn't have major goal upside, but he's big, strong and will fight. He's not first round material, but he's a solid prospect. Has offensive tools, more than another former Olympiques in Peter Worrell, but unlike Worrell, Fugere isn't a human beast. I bet Fugere goes mid rounds.

For Gatineau, aside from Pohl, Renaud Des Alliers is a very good prospect. He's outscoring Pohl, and is a bigger player as well. To be honest, I was not impressed with Des Alliers last year, but he seems to be a completely different player this year.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hossa said:
Fugere doesn't have major goal upside, but he's big, strong and will fight. He's not first round material, but he's a solid prospect. Has offensive tools, more than another former Olympiques in Peter Worrell, but unlike Worrell, Fugere isn't a human beast. I bet Fugere goes mid rounds.

For Gatineau, aside from Pohl, Renaud Des Alliers is a very good prospect. He's outscoring Pohl, and is a bigger player as well. To be honest, I was not impressed with Des Alliers last year, but he seems to be a completely different player this year.

Yeah i guess playing with Talbot and Daoust will make you a completley different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia