Line Combos: Annual Cap Overview

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
Hello folks,

I have been doing this for a few years now. I am pretty sure I shared it last year, but under a different thread. I figured this year I would make a thread for it. It shows my projected lines (as they stand prior to signing and trades), as well as positions to be filled and projected values. It all culminates in a final cap number that includes buy-outs and burying Manning in the minors. Since spreadsheets don't copy/past well, I left it as an attachment.

The highlighted cells are where I feel we have a hole, and what I consider our target contract for that position should be. In the end, we would end up just under the cap ceiling. If anyone internally fills a hole, it would result in savings. I noted 5 that could be used, but am not convinced any are ready.

Enjoy (edited as per comments below)

upload_2019-6-27_12-54-29.png

Attachments

• Cap Hell.xlsx
    13.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Ugh if thats the D and goalie again this year its going to be a long disappointing one.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks @Prostyle!

I whipped up a quick capfriendly using your template. I figured the only way to really improve the roster but fit under the cap is by trading Russell.

So basically, instead of the 2 4th line wingers you signed for 950k, I signed JP and JJ for 1.1 million each. I added 500k to the top line winger spot, and 1 million to the 2nd line spot. By bringing up Jones, we have a 22 man roster with 2.4 million in cap space:

Connolly (3) - McDavid - Draisaitl
Donskoi (2.5) - Nuge - Kassian
Khaira - Brassard (2.2) - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Brodziak - Nygard
Gagner, Cave

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Sekera
Jones - Benning
Perrson

Koskinen
Mrazek (2.5)

We have ~200k in cap space.