Annoying TV commercials during Stanley Cup playoffs - US and Canada

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The cell company commercials have become the worst, it's like they're competing with each other to make them worse than the other. As others have mentioned, the AT&T one that has 2 NBA stars emasculating themselves by singing a Christina Aguilera song they weren't old enough to remember. Then you have Verizon, whose current formula is "if you were in Arrested Development, we want you to be an annoying dipshit in our phone commercial". PANOS it means panoramic!
Are you talking about this one?

because yeah it is beyond horrible. It makes me want to move my service from Verizon

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Grates me every time. Not even only because of how disingenuous it is but having to hear the old and 'sold out' voice of the once great Chris Cuthburt is a real shot to the kidneys. RIP

Edit: also the heir to the 'Boston Pizza' fortune also happens to be the GM of the Maple Leafs - so there's that as well.🙄

Agreed, BP managed to make an ad worse than gambling companies lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

mogs

Jan 11, 2007
Jasper AB
When did they bring back the Canadian Heritage Minutes? Those are so cheesy. They'll never top the James Naismith ones from when I was a kid. "hey, I need these baskets back!"

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
🎼Don’t you everrrr let me go 🎼

kill-it-with-fire.gif

Rybelsus?
did anyone say Rybelsus?

"Maybe today's technology IS the problem"

Ugh, those pharma ones are terrible, especially with our laws about not being able to even mention what it does.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I CANNOT stand that Ubereats commercial with Auston Matthews that ends with " BRRRR BRRRR BBRRRRR BRRR'

I mute my stream every f***ing time its on.

Yeah the song is annoying as hell, also what's he doing? Standing on a coffee table, wearing an unmarked jersey because they didn't bother to pay the leafs, and he's just......making a mess with the food he ordered off ubereats?

What the actual **** is the point of the ad? :laugh:

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
The gambling ads in general and in particular the one who that touts being Canadian, "why would you trust your bet to the guys that don't know hockey" is their pitch. If I am going to bet I want the guys who don't know hockey- there might be money to be made there.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
The gambling ads in general and in particular the one who that touts being Canadian, "why would you trust your bet to the guys that don't know hockey" is their pitch. If I am going to bet I want the guys who don't know hockey- there might be money to be made there.
Hahahaha, yea I think the same thing every time that ad is on.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Yeah the song is annoying as hell, also what's he doing? Standing on a coffee table, wearing an unmarked jersey because they didn't bother to pay the leafs, and he's just......making a mess with the food he ordered off ubereats?

What the actual **** is the point of the ad? :laugh:
well, I can't say for sure, but scoring 70 isn't it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad