Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I should have posted mine. My N&C was buying at 526 yesterday. It was my second try at the turnip market and I just happen to drop $2 million bells on Sunday since they were selling for 91. Needless to say I made a killing.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Secons straight week I forgot to buy Turnips. With life becoming slightly more normal these days I have overall spent much less time on Animal Crossing.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm still moving at a pretty slow pace, but building up my island and getting new villagers. I bought a few extra plots and was hoping that some interesting villagers would show up at the campsite or I could get them on randomly generated islands. Unless I am misremembering, a random villager just showed up and moved into one of them. It's Velma, a goat, who I don't remember meeting.

Not the end of the world - sooner or later, I will need to hopefully get rid of some of the early ones I got. For now I just ran into Octavian on a random island, Hoping I can run into a cat soon.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I'm still moving at a pretty slow pace, but building up my island and getting new villagers. I bought a few extra plots and was hoping that some interesting villagers would show up at the campsite or I could get them on randomly generated islands. Unless I am misremembering, a random villager just showed up and moved into one of them. It's Velma, a goat, who I don't remember meeting.

Not the end of the world - sooner or later, I will need to hopefully get rid of some of the early ones I got. For now I just ran into Octavian on a random island, Hoping I can run into a cat soon.

If you don't fill an island in 3ish days, a rando will show up.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thanks, yeah I didn't play too much over the past two days. I figure it's not the end of the world, since filling up the island will help move things along some, and I can get to trying to replace some I don't like as much.

Ended up on the money island just now, with no random villager, even though I think I still have 1-2 extra plots.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Paid off my house.

All I’ve done the last couple weeks when I play is try to raise the level of as much island as I can. I want to get it all as high as possible, then start carving out where it gets lower.

Reactions: robertmac43

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I tried out the Bug Off event. Got to 100 points then stopped playing as it's super repetitive and boring after a while, but at least it comes back every 3 weeks so you don't have to do the whole thing at once.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Another update coming adding another thing I'm annoyed they didn't put in the base game but nonetheless am happy to finally see added to the game. My interest ran out much quicker than New Leaf, with all of these features missing I feel like I run out of things to do very easily. Still need all of the missing stores and vendors...

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
So is today the last day for the wedding event with Harv? I haven't checked it out yet, but is it worth doing?

I havent even looked at it.

I would love to know if Nintendo can tell how many people engage with that sort of thing. I never even considered wasting time doing the wedding stuff.

If loading times and connection times werent so ridiculous I would engage in so much more stuff, but holy shit doing anything at the airport gives me a headache. Now that I have paid my whole house off I don't even care about making turnip money. Its not worth the hassle of using the airport.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
If loading times and connection times werent so ridiculous I would engage in so much more stuff, but holy shit doing anything at the airport gives me a headache. Now that I have paid my whole house off I don't even care about making turnip money. Its not worth the hassle of using the airport.

Having to go through the same dialogue every day for every item is so f***ing annoying. There is just as much to turn a person off to this game as there is to turn you on.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Had more fun celebrating my birthday in this game than I have in the past 10 years of my actual life.

AC games always launch like two weeks after my birthday, so by the time it actually rolls around I am usually long since tired of the game.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Had more fun celebrating my birthday in this game than I have in the past 10 years of my actual life.

Happy birthday! I agree... I was really touched by the things Antonio said... despite him being a virtual anteater it was really special, also when K.K. sang happy birthday and all the nice things my villagers said about me rolled by, I got a little misty eyed, this game makes me feel weird things.

Reactions: Josepho

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I've got a bunch of duplicate recipes if anyone needs any. I'm looking for art or certain bugs.

Shell wand
Golden Dung Beetle (x2)
Tropical Vista
Wooden Table Mirror
Ironwood Dresser
Peach dress
Tiki Torch
Birdcage
Cardboard Bed
Shell wreath
Pear dress
Classic-library wall
Starry-Sands Flooring
Shell arch
Wooden stool
Clackercart
Orange Dress
Wooden-block bed

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I've got a bunch of duplicate recipes if anyone needs any. I'm looking for art or certain bugs.

Shell wand
Golden Dung Beetle (x2)
Tropical Vista
Wooden Table Mirror
Ironwood Dresser
Peach dress
Tiki Torch
Birdcage
Cardboard Bed
Shell wreath
Pear dress
Classic-library wall
Starry-Sands Flooring
Shell arch
Wooden stool
Clackercart
Orange Dress
Wooden-block bed

you can't gift bugs

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I’ve enjoyed the recent updates... but one thing that still pains me is that you can’t craft more than 1 fish bait at once.

overly tedious when it doesn’t need to be..

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I’ve enjoyed the recent updates... but one thing that still pains me is that you can’t craft more than 1 fish bait at once.

overly tedious when it doesn’t need to be..

That is what I cant deal why this game. The same dialogue over and over, the mundane and tedious crafting. It really affects my want to play the game.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
That is what I cant deal why this game. The same dialogue over and over, the mundane and tedious crafting. It really affects my want to play the game.
This is the first AC I’ve ever played so I didn’t really know what I to expect.

I’ve sunk about 125 hours into it but in the past month or two I’ve slowed down big time... just becomes too tedious of a process to play the parts of the game that I find most enjoyable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad