Injury Report: Andy DTD with kneee injury

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Rask wasn't Rask until he became Rask.

Yeah but our original discussion is about basing the decision on potential.

A 18 year old Rask gets lit up for 7 goals in a game the current Sparks gives up 6 but we would never dare pick anyone else over Rask (insert JFJ jokes here).

You and I disagree on that potential surrounding Sparks really meaning anything in the short term and long term. I don't think it does so I would have preferred to keep Mac.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Time for the game. Thx for calming words. I feel better now ;-) Gawd folks, it’s the kid’s second start and game 7 in the season. Let’s sit back and enjoy the game. Good luck boys.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What's really funny about this post is that both McE and Pickard have both played more games in the AHL than the NHL.

heh. that is funny.

McBackup (35): AHL 205gms, .915sv% / NHL 189gms, .908sv%
Pickard (26): AHL 196gms, .915sv% / NHL 88gms, .913sv%
Sparks (25): AHL 121gms, .927sv% / NHL 18gms, .887sv%

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
But what's especially funny is that Curtis McElhinney is one of the worst goaltenders in the NHL.

And posters on this board actually want him.

Holy ****.

The hot takes from you biased fans is exhausting. McE was one the best backups in the league with Columbus when we got him, and he came here and outplayed Andersen by a huge margin.

Reactions: The Cobra

Lansdown

Feb 1, 2007
Toronto
Some guys have nerve but aren't very good, just good. Some guys have little nerve and are excellent. How you handle their personalities is just as important as how you asses their talent. Everyone can think of an overconfident, competent asshole and the brilliant self-doubting lamb. Magnify that on a huge stage where your mistakes are scrutinized. Some goalies need a grace period. Good "man managers", as they say in soccer, know this.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
They also gave you something you could sell to a bystandard. What do you have to show with Sparks @Nhl fail highlights?

I’ll grant you McE was a good soldier, Pickard played one game, only a snake oil salesman would sell what he gave us

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
f*** Dubas, his first big blunder, sparks didn’t even get the shut out!

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I don't think Andersen was injured at all. I think Leafs saw a chance to play their back up against a Western conference team who was playing their backup and took it without announcing to the king's that they were choosing to play Sparks against them..

Maybe Andersen was injured but one of those, if it were playoffs, he would play.

Last edited:

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
well everyone knew Philly needed a goalie, and same with Carolina - coz of injuries.
so why not make moves that saved them - let Philly/Carolina do something else and then put them down. even if they were still claimed another goalie would have been released at that venture, plumping up our depth again.
Didn’t those injuries come down right before he had to make the decision on who to keep?

And what motivation did either team have to make a trade, when they knew the Leafs(and other teams) would be forced to put guys on waivers?

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I don't think Andersen was injured at all. I think Leafs saw a chance to play their back up against a Western conference team who was playing their backup and took it without announcing to the king's that they were choosing to play Sparks against them..

Maybe Andersen was injured but one of those, if it were playoffs, he would play.

Good reason to fly someone in from St. John's

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON

Exactly my guess as well, I was just reading through the comments before posting, but you said what I was thinking.

I think Andersen's slightly banged up, and Babcock told him - you're banged up, sit an extra game and watch. Knowing Andersen would be behind any move to give his backup some confidence to build off of.

Smart move in hindsight... that's why they pay him the big bucks!

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
If you know 2 other teams are looking for backups to tide them over for a few weeks you keep 3 goalies on our roster until the other teams get healthy. Better than keeping a stiff on D.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
McAdam.

Kaskisuo was injured and Woll doesn't have an ELC so he's not eligible IIRC
And I could be wrong, but I believe if Woll left his school to come and be the back up, he's done and can't go back to the NCAA. Because of that, I'd think Scott and hell even Bouthillier would be emergency options before Woll.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah I think Leafs were just trolling all the Sparks fans out there saying Andy was IR lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad