OT: Android hockey (NHL/AHL/CHL, etc) apps?

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Just got a Nexus 7... looking for some good sports related apps but having a hard time finding anything good.

Looking for a scoreboard widget... free ones out there?

I have NHL Gamecenter 2011-2012, which is surprisingly the best NHL app I've found.

What do you guys use?

opethfan

Apr 25, 2012
With the Nexus 7 you're lucky because the size allows regular phone apps to work in portrait without looking terrible. The official Canucks app is garbage, not worth your time. Stick with Gamecenter, @canucksgame on Twitter and maybe a TSN or Score app.

Funke

Nov 28, 2011
Just got a Nexus 7... looking for some good sports related apps but having a hard time finding anything good.

Looking for a scoreboard widget... free ones out there?

I have NHL Gamecenter 2011-2012, which is surprisingly the best NHL app I've found.

What do you guys use?

You still have time to return it and get an iPad mini instead...no shortage of quality apps on iOS :thumbu:

CanucksOo

Jul 29, 2006
California
I think the cleanest looking scroreboard widget is "Scores Widget" by Fury Apps. Highly customizable and scrollable. It's not free though ($1.50).

For an actual sports app, they're mostly free. I personally use Yahoo Sportacular (also includes its own widget).

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I've done some Android development. I'm curious as to what would people would like to see in a (Canucks) hockey app?

I can only think of stats (mainly for fantasy pools) and playing games.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The following would be nice:

- A prospect section with analysis and stats.
- A general "around the league" type page.
- Mobile wallpapers.
- Personal articles and interesting everyday facts about the players.
- Perhaps some video mashups of weekly highlights in case people missed some games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad