Android Box/Apple TV

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
So pretty new to updating technology slowly around the house and such. Looking into buying one of these with having unlimited internet. So alot of newb questions here.

Which one is considered better?

Do they play all tv channels? eg: TSN and Sportsnet Golf channel

Do they also play if thats the case every NHL game every night lets say a broadcast in Arizona?

Can I have more than 1 running at the same time in the house?

Does each model have its limitation on what types of channels you can have on the box?

I would love to eliminate the cable bill

Also I live in Ontario Canada if that makes any difference.

Thanks any answers help:)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The way these platforms work is that service or channel is responsible for making its own app on the platform, so the answer is that it depends. You won't have TSN without cable period as far as I know. Even the streaming app requires you to have cable.

You can use more than one box running at the time. Only issue would be if your netflix account only lets 1 viewer at a time.

Regarding the different limitations, I'm pretty sure all the apple tvs or almost all run about the same, I dont know about android tv boxes.

You only get hockey games you have purchased through cable or nhl service. There isn't even good illegal ways to watch sports on these platforms to be totally honest.

Last edited:

Johnny LaRue

Jul 21, 2005
Abbotsford
Like Alws Hemsky said, Apple TV isn't like a box you'd get from a cable company like Telus or Rogers. It's a streaming device for your TV.

Rather than channels, you download apps like Netflix or Crave, and use those apps to stream content. Some sports apps include official apps for the NFL and NHL. You must purchase subscriptions for them though. There are some news apps including CNN, but again, you need to purchase a subscription for it. If you have a cable subscription, I think you can use the TSN app for free though.

All that said, I quite like my Apple TV. It was good for me because you can use it to watch any content you've purchased on iTunes. I buy a decent amount of content on iTunes, so it's a good fit.

The downside to Apple TV is that it's pretty pricy. It doesn't seem to be worth the cost if you don't purchase iTunes content. If you like the feel of Apple products, it might be worth getting Apple TV for that.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for the quick replies sounds like its not worth it at this point and time i'm to dependent on those channels haha although its pretty easy to find streams of live NHL I was just hoping there was an easier way to have everything.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
even the android boxes. live channels are a mess. paid IPTV is still the safe choice. I don't think tan is part of it yet. i read bell will be soon though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00