Value of: Andrey Kuzmenko

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
The Canucks have built this team like morons and they are currently in a position where they HAVE to move out salary this summer to even be cap-compliant. Their options are either to move a valuable player who would be easier to move who would return real value, or to try to move a player like Myers, Boeser or Garland that they have been publicly begging someone to take off their hands for months, where they will definitely have to add one of their limited picks or prospects to move the player

I'm for moving Kuz if only so that this stupid team can stop cutting corners and drink its medicine for once
They can trade Beauvillier quite easily and be cap compliant with several players on LTIR. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Myers will probably be placed on waivers at some point if he refuses a trade and a team like the Coyotes or Hawks will scoop him up and flip at the deadline for assets.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Hey guys, seems like he is revitalising his career with us. Been a clutch player last few games, has 19 pts in 24 games since he has joined us. Looked a bit lost at first but has turned the corner.

I think his play in the second season with you could be also affected by an underlying injury. He has been battling that with us too but seems to be good now.

Anyways, good luck in the PO and beat the Oilers if you clash!

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I think the wild will sign him in the off-season.

He's signed for another year.

Anyways, the reason he looked not as good with Vancouver is because he was only shooting at 14% this year, he shot 30% last year, and 25% since getting to Calgary. I like Kuzmenko, but probably still a mid round pick for now, would be interested to see what happens next season.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
He's signed for another year.

Anyways, the reason he looked not as good with Vancouver is because he was only shooting at 14% this year, he shot 30% last year, and 25% since getting to Calgary. I like Kuzmenko, but probably still a mid round pick for now, would be interested to see what happens next season.
I think Flames trade him with their Vancouver pick to trade down.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I don't know how solid the rumours were but last season when he was making $900K the scuttlebutt was there wasn't much trade value if the Canucks were to go trade instead of extension. Regardless, one dimensional wingers tend to be the least valuable assets at the deadline, judging by what Toffoli and Tarasenko went for if Calgary tries to sell him next year they're probably looking at two of three from a 2nd/3rd/4th round pick.

In my opinion it's a bigger win for Calgary if they throw an extension his way, if he fits their lineup and doesn't regress to what happened this season with the Canucks this season. He was a great player when he was on for us, and Calgary will get an extra season to decide that Vancouver didn't have to decide.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm a Flames fan and don't see a ton of value there. He's very skilled, but he still looks so lost in his own end. There was a play where he turned it over yesterday (that happens if you have offensive flair). He busted it back hard, max effort and then had no idea who he should be checking and just slid over to the boards. How a player can have great hockey sense offensively and look like a novice house league player in his own end is beyond me.

I think we will trade him at the TDL next year and get somewhere between a 2nd and 3rd with 50% retention.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Was Tocchet like tying his laces together and making fun of his mother?

Guy puts the puck in the net. f*** trading him, we've been looking for a RW that can score for a decade.

Reactions: Boomstick

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don't know how solid the rumours were but last season when he was making $900K the scuttlebutt was there wasn't much trade value if the Canucks were to go trade instead of extension. Regardless, one dimensional wingers tend to be the least valuable assets at the deadline, judging by what Toffoli and Tarasenko went for if Calgary tries to sell him next year they're probably looking at two of three from a 2nd/3rd/4th round pick.

In my opinion it's a bigger win for Calgary if they throw an extension his way, if he fits their lineup and doesn't regress to what happened this season with the Canucks this season. He was a great player when he was on for us, and Calgary will get an extra season to decide that Vancouver didn't have to decide.

It doesn't matter how many dimensions a player has in his hockey, it matters how much hockey a player has in his dimensions...

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Downplaying his value to be Toffoli like is kind of hilarious. Guy pulls in a haul every 2nd year. If he's worth the same as Toffoli I'd be pumped.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Was Tocchet like tying his laces together and making fun of his mother?

Guy puts the puck in the net. f*** trading him, we've been looking for a RW that can score for a decade.
No. He asked him to forecheck and Kuzmenko was above doing that for some reason. He’s also absolutely atrocious defensively.

Reactions: Szechwan

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
He would be a great complimentary player if you need a sniper. Until he actually tries in other areas, he isn't that useful. Tocchet doesn't seem to like his game much.
he would look good scoring goals for vancouver right now. but tocchet doesnt think he can play his style. defensive first..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad