Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I still remember when people thought we traded 2 2nds for a 4th liner lol

Yeah, funny how people weren't happy with an injury prone $4M player putting up 51 points in 130 games over his first 2 seasons and 1 month in a Habs jersey. Then seeing the high 2nds they traded end up being Debrincat while Habs looked to be rebuilding.

Domi/Shaw have a good chemistry and IMO huge reason why he suddenly put up 40 points over last 47 games. Let's not pretend that he's been this good from day 1.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“There's more positive to bring out of this season. You know, we all worked hard in competing and we proved a lot of people wrong... We're there all year so I mean obviously it sucks to be going home earlier but you got took at the positive and build on them...”

“Just to look what we achieved this year. Everyone counts it us out before the season started... We play with with a ship in our shoulders and that's something we got to need next year as well. We competed and we all think we deserved to be in the PO. We ended up with 96 pts, that's a lot of pts. Any year that's a PO team... Just had a tight division and things didn't go in our way. But we fought until the end.”

“Still gonna be more consistent with it but that's our identity for sure. We're a young team with some older veterans guy that gonna help lead and we got good things going on here.”

“I just been consistent in our system you know. Always being physically and mentally prepared for each games.”

“You've lapses to the season but everyone goes thorough out. Then just making sure we go out of those as quick as we can.”

“I think so, we got more to give. You look out how we play during this last couple of weeks of this season too. I mean that's a PO team...”

“Still banged up from the air but nothing like last year that's for sure. So we got a good year. A good summer to get prepared physically. I look forward to it.”

“They called me (Team Canada) but I've not giving the answer yet. I still have to see the doctors team. To make sure everything is good. Obviously, it's an honor to do so but we'll see what the doctors say to me first. Yeah for sure, playing for your country is amazing.”

“Drouin: I don't know who's missing. You can tell he's working hard, he was back checking. Sometimes you don't get that puck luck. But he was great. Last couple of weeks you can see, he was skating hard, playing hard. Sometimes things doesn't goes in your way. You know he'll be the type of guy to go this summer, get ready, prepared and have a great season next year.”

“Playing hockey again. I mean knee surgery, concussion, it was a tough summer. I don't see my life without hockey. So I made sure everything I could to get pack. Try to enjoy hockey as much as I could and have success as well.”

“Right from the gecko. I think everyone had a positive attitude and no one was negative. We all pushed each others and push yourselve. As a team, we were tight in the locker room and everyone got along. It was nice to see.”

“For sure, I mean you play a lot of seasons. You know it gets competitive and sometimes you don't say you lost the love of the game but you become normal. We've young kids like that with extra energy and excitement, you can feed off a bit for sure.”

It'll be a lot more smiles for sure. I mean last year obviously was someone nobody want to be part of it but we learnt from it. We didn't want to be going through again.”

Reactions: jaffy27

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
As far as possible, Shaw tried to be involved. Offensively/defensively. Taken his promotions and chances. Without being doubtful. Limited his sequences of mistakes at most. Always available when the team required his presence. Pushed his teammates with the same attitude as him.

Left his historical body problems behind him. Tryna to reach out his peak.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
"I wasn't supposed to be ready for the start of the season... But I kept telling myself that I was going to do everything in my power to make sure that I was in that opening lineup... If it was going to rehab for five days a week for two to three hours a day. Doing everything I needed to do... Doctors' appointments after doctors' appointments. I wanted to give myself the best case scenario to make sure that I was back for that first game..."

"Being behind the eight-ball. Not playing a pre-season game. Not even participating in practices with the team. It nice that the coach trusted me enough to know that I was ready for it. I didn't want to let him down. I didn't want to let myself down. I didn't want to let my family down or the fans as well... It just made me push myself a little bit harder..."

"For the past few years, if I hadn't gotten injured, I'm sure I’d have hit it a while ago. But, I was pretty excited for it like my return on the rink. I always believed in myself... I knew I worked harder than most, especially at the Junior level. I knew I competed, I knew I was gritty. I knew I was a winner. I knew I could help a team win. It might not be from scoring goals or points... But it's playing the game right, being smart, being responsible and being a consistent player as well."

"It's been awesome... If you’ve a goal, you can set your mind to it. And if you're dedicated to achieving that goal, you can do it. It's not going to be easy. There are going to be bumps along the way and adversity... You're going to run into problems again and again. I think the strong are the ones that come through it and it just makes them that much more successful... They learn a lot from situations like that."

"The teachers at school always told me they thought I was a kid with an attention-deficit disorder... And then three years ago, I went, saw a neurologist, had a bunch of tests that he did and he found out that I’ve severe ADD. He asked me if I was ever medicated or diagnosed and I said no. And then he asked me if I wanted to be medicated and I said no. My response was: I love my life... I don’t want to change it... And he laughed. He said: that’s good as long as you can cope with it.”

“Me with having ADD and full of energy... Not being able to walk for two-and-a-half months was probably one of the toughest things I had to go through. My mind was racing... I had a lot of energy to burn, but couldn’t do it... That’s where my wife comes in. She helped me, she helped me get through it. I helped her get through pregnancy, I guess... We were literally the worst couple. She was nine months pregnant, I was on crutches, I couldn’t walk. She was trying to take care of me, I was trying to take care of her. It was a tough summer, but it made our relationship stronger and it made us stronger individually as well, I think.”

“We had our little daughter Andy and that brought a lot of joy to me in that time and peace for sure. Providing for someone else that can’t provide for themselves, I think it showed that I might have thought I could push myself a little harder. Just because I needed to do it for my family... They were there for me and they’re always going to be there for me. I always want my daughter to have a memory of me playing in the NHL. So I’ve got to make sure I play four more years.”

“Three or four concussions in my NHL career... Because it kept me my lady away from the game for nine months. I could let the knee heal and the head heal and see doctors and literally just rehab every day for five months, six months.”

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00