Confirmed with Link: Andrew Mangiapane signs ELC

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Very happy with this. Looking forward to seeing how his game translates to the AHL.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Very happy with this. Looking forward to seeing how his game translates to the AHL.

Excellent, should add some more skill. This kid isn't Johnny small, I'd be interested to see his transition to the A.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Mangiapane to beat Matthews for the Calder next season and be the best thing to happen since sliced bread

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
He's always reminded me of Cogliano.

Perhaps as a first rounder Cogs was drafted a bit too high. On the other hand Mangi was a good pick in the 6th.

Speed kills and I think at worst he can replicate what Paul Byron is...perhaps the hands on breakaways will be a bit better.

Anything between Byron and Cogliano is a solid Top 9 or energy 4th liner and a great pick up in the 6th round.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Mangiapane to beat Matthews for the Calder next season and be the best thing to happen since sliced bread

YedMA4S.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hey, I didn't realize that Mangiapane was a training camp tryout in the WHL. That actually improves his outlook, I think. A guy who was drafted into the WHL and then went undrafted once in the NHL would be worse that a guy who wasn't drafted into the WHL, then was drafted into the NHL in his second year of eligibility.

Basically means he could be a late-bloomer instead of just a guy who wasn't able to compete at the CHL level until he was older than everyone.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading into things way too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad