Recalled/Assigned: Andrew MacWilliam on Emergency Basis

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Find this odd. Means one of our D got hurt. However, it's still 30 hours before game time. Why wouldn't it be a regular call up?

Rielly, Gardiner, Polak, Robidas, Granberg, Holzer

One of them are hurt.... but why?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Find this odd. Means one of our D got hurt. However, it's still 30 hours before game time. Why wouldn't it be a regular call up?

Rielly, Gardiner, Polak, Robidas, Granberg, Holzer

One of them are hurt.... but why?

No, it means they need a 7th defenceman for the road trip just in case.

With Phaneuf still injured, they need a 7th D and MacWilliam will fill that gap until Phaneuf is back.

It's that simple.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No, it means they need a 7th defenceman for the road trip just in case.

With Phaneuf still injured, they need a 7th D and MacWilliam will fill that gap until Phaneuf is back.

It's that simple.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 58s58 seconds ago
Leafs had all six defencemen on the ice for practice. One would have to be hurt (or sick) for emergency recall.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I just posted this in the pre-game thread.

He's a LHD and that may be just a better match up than a RHD

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 58s58 seconds ago
Leafs had all six defencemen on the ice for practice. One would have to be hurt (or sick) for emergency recall.

Possible Robidas still isn't 100% and with the Phaneuf injury, an emergency recall was justifiable.

Either way, I still don't think MacWilliam will play.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Wouldnt mind giving him a chance... we already have a rookie playing their off side and not doing very well

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Is the "emergency basis" because they're travelling to Carolina today, so they want him to go with the team rather than travel tomorrow?

Seems odd since they don't play today

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is the "emergency basis" because they're travelling to Carolina today, so they want him to go with the team rather than travel tomorrow?

Seems odd since they don't play today

Yes. They are leaving this afternoon.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Never thought Holzer, Granberg, and MacWilliam would all be on the Leafs this year. Jokes.

Is it such a stretch to see this happening? The Leafs will almost be at their 23 man roster of Marlies call-ups this season - we were at 15 not to long ago.

McWilliam makes it at least 16 Marlies used.

I love the way Holzer holds down that last spot - he far more dependable than Polak surprisingly. He has been helping to insolate against the Gardiner blunders shift by shift.

Grabowaffle84

Dec 29, 2010
I've been saying for years that Macwilliam deserves a legitimate shot with the big club. I love his physical game and I believe he can easily do what Homophobic Sluroof has done for much cheaper. This guy deserves a chance in our top 6.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is it such a stretch to see this happening? The Leafs will almost be at their 23 man roster of Marlies call-ups this season - we were at 15 not to long ago.

I love the way Holzer holds down that last spot - he far more dependable than Polak surprisingly. He has been helping to insolate against the Gardiner blunders shift by shift.

Polak is better than Holzer.

Holzer has been playing well though

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I've been saying for years that Macwilliam deserves a legitimate shot with the big club. I love his physical game and I believe he can easily do what Homophobic Sluroof has done for much cheaper. This guy deserves a chance in our top 6.

agreed. lets slot him in between kessel and jvr. The tank needs it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What makes this an emergency call up, as opposed to a normal one...?

Still plenty of time before puck drop tomorrow

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That makes for a lot of truculence on the blue-line. Polak, Holzer, Granberg and MacWilliam is nasty stuff. They are not very good with the puck at all but at least it'll be entertaining in terms of hits?

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011

At the start of the year we had: Phaneuf, Rielly, Franson, Robidas, Gardiner, Polak, Percy. Looked like a jogjam.

Just didn't seem like there'd be spaces for Holzer, Granberg, Mac.
I'm happy to see them though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3