Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Plekanec was signed because we had 1 NHL centre in the roster. No one knew Domi would excel there, Drouin had a tough year as a C, Kotkaniemi was by no means a lock. We needed centers.

He was cut because Domi and KK both showed they were capable centres.

De la rose had plenty of chances to make the roster. Plekanec had nothing to do with him going on waivers.

As for Markov, there really isn’t space for him unless there’s an injury in camp. He could help the pp, no doubt but I just don’t really see a spot for him.

Nope, there was an impact. If no Plekanec in the roster there was no need to waive DLR, he could have stayed in Montreal. I agree on why he was signed but not on the bolded part.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Not sure what you caring or not is relevant here. You are trying to explain why Bergevin shouldn't be interested in Markov. And yet, he made moves recently showing that he was interested in Markov types of players.

No, I made it crystal clear why he shouldn’t sign him. Too old, slow and done.

Emotion aside, the decision should be purely a hockey decision. IMO, he is done, time not to look back.

Mete, Chairot, and Kulak should not sit for Markov.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Emotion aside, the decision should be purely a hockey decision. IMO, he is done, time not to look back.

And then the PP will suck....and we will miss the playoffs by 3 points wondering what just an average PP would have done to the record of this team. But hey, it's all good. No need for help. We got this.

Reactions: pepperMonkey

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

You have not seen Markov play 1 full game all year long. But somehow, you KNOW he is done. Fine.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You have not seen Markov play 1 full game all year long. But somehow, you KNOW he is done. Fine.

Just like you have not seen him play but somehow you KNOW he will save the PP and they will make the playoffs because of it. Fine.

Surely, Markov isn’t the only way to improve the pp.

I saw him when he left and I’m sure he has not gotten faster or slowed down Father Time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
giphy.gif

I was afraid to ask. :D

Reactions: OldCraig71

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Just like you have not seen him play but somehow you KNOW he will save the PP and they will make the playoffs because of it. Fine.

I saw him when he left and I’m sure he has not gotten faster or slowed down Father Time.

Well you still can have great IQ and distribute the puck well when you are old and slow right? That's how I think he'll still be able to help a PP and play limited minutes. But hey, no biggie. We are going young and fast! Till the end.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Well you still can have great IQ and distribute the puck well when you are old and slow right? That's how I think he'll still be able to help a PP and play limited minutes. But hey, no biggie. We are going young and fast! Till the end.

I know right? So why are people bashing Weber for his speed (or lack of) again?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Then you lose the puck and the play has the time to go back and forth before you catch up. This is not table hockey, you actually need to be able to move to be efficient.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Rangers were in a rebuild and didn't trade Lundqvist, teams can still rebuild while keeping an older veteran or two around.
But the Rangers did get rid of some big players.

But it matters not. Could you imagine MB in charge of a total rebuild. :laugh:

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
It's the other way around:
Why aren't people who bash Markov for his lack of speed doing the same with Weber?

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Markov could out score Mete in his sleep.

Reactions: Tyson

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Then you lose the puck and the play has the time to go back and forth before you catch up. This is not table hockey, you actually need to be able to move to be efficient.
You Obviously missed last seasons Bruins and Blues cup runs. Chara played top pair minutes. As did Boumiester.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I would love to see Markov back for a season or two........on a contending team. Knights or Jets ;)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
And they are both better than Markov right now, so what's your point?
You know what my point was ....... some players can slow down and still contribute big time. (Especially on shitty non play off teams like the Canadiens)

The friggin stiffs that MB has put on the Habs blue line in the last 7 years...............then to say Markov aint good enough? LMAO

Even if Markov was done (he wasnt).....who the f*** is Marc Bergevin to say so!! The misfit GM that put LOLzner in his place . :biglaugh:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

I didn't know he was in wheelchair.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
But for some reason, there are people here that are completely on board with Mete being a first pairing D partner for Weber. The kid has 0 goals in 120 NHL games, Andrei Markov could outproduce him even if he was confined to a wheelchair.

The funny thing to me is that he's still paying Alzner 4.6 millions dollars to play in Laval…..but Markov who would retire if things didn't work out, oh that would be a total problem for him, but he's still going to pay Alzner, that's no biggie.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You know what my point was ....... some players can slow down and still contribute big time. (Especially on ****ty non play off teams like the Canadiens)

The friggin stiffs that MB has put on the Habs blue line in the last 7 years...............then to say Markov aint good enough? LMAO

Even if Markov was done (he wasnt).....who the **** is Marc Bergevin to say so!! The misfit GM that put LOLzner in his place . :biglaugh:

This is what I love about you Paul D, you actually see things exactly as they are! We have one of if not the worst gm's in the history of the franchise making decisions about what's best for the team and people still defend him and his horrendous record.

Reactions: Vodka_Tonic

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Why? Because this is your #1 d-man you are talking about. Who is supposed or who HAS to play 25-30 minutes every games and in every situation. That's why.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The funny thing to me is that he's still paying Alzner 4.6 millions dollars to play in Laval…..but Markov who would retire if things didn't work out, oh that would be a total problem for him, but he's still going to pay Alzner, that's no biggie.
OMG it's so easy to see through! If Markov was 35 the decision would still be the same! People just refuse to accept that the moron in charge has made everything about himself! We could have had Jagr with several good years left in the tank and MB said no but yet in the midst of his expert knowledge of what's best for the CH he proceeded to fill 2 dumpsters with compost and recyclables! This is what we are up against, we can have the best prospects in the entire history of the NHL but as long as Lloyd Christmas is in charge we will continue to flounder. Why is this so hard for people to see?

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

Err, our PP is so bad, the done and finished Markov can park himself on the side walls and stand still and still vastly improve our PP. Don't kid yourself, our pp sucks bad and it hasn't got any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad