Confirmed with Link: Andlauer Sold 10% Minority Ownership of Canadiens at a Value of $2.5 Billion

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
When you have money, you probably just want more.

Also, Andlauer has been involved in hockey in a long time, now he gets to be the boss.

Yeah, the narcissistics who have a lot of money.

Not everyone who has a lot of money want more money. Many just sell their assets and go on to live good and relatevily stressless lives.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yeah, the narcissistics who have a lot of money.

Not everyone who has a lot of money want more money. Many just sell their assets and go on to live good and relatevily stressless lives.

We're discussing someone who just got 250 million, not some average stiff who got a lottery ticket.

It's also philosophically debatable whether being a simple consumer is preferable to bring a creator. Personally if I had a lot of money I'd be more interested in building something meaningful* than in sailing and sipping martinis.

*(Not necessarily a Senators dynasty.)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We're discussing someone who just got 250 million, not some average stiff who got a lottery ticket.

It's also philosophically debatable whether being a simple consumer is preferable to bring a creator. Personally if I had a lot of money I'd be more interested in building something meaningful* than in sailing and sipping martinis.

*(Not necessarily a Senators dynasty.)

No actually, you responded to MY post where I was talking of having 250 mil in general, not Andlauer specifically. I related to it to how I'd personally act vs Andlauer, so you don't get to move the goalposts for me, buddy.

Also, sailing into the sunset doesn't mean you can't create stuff. I'd have more time to write. Your outlook is a bit too reductive. Most people who quit because they have enough, usually go on to live their passions. Painting, writing, traveling, volunteering, philanthropy... what-have-you. Maybe you read me wrong with my sailing into the sunset expression, but all i meant was to quit obligations. No obligations = less stress. Had nothing to do wasting away the remainder of my life. And I barely drink.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
No actually, you responded to MY post where I was talking of having 250 mil in general, not Andlauer specifically. I related to it to how I'd personally act vs Andlauer, so you don't get to move the goalposts for me, buddy.

Also, sailing into the sunset doesn't mean you can't create stuff. I'd have more time to write. Your outlook is a bit too reductive. Most people who quit because they have enough, usually go on to live their passions. Painting, writing, traveling, volunteering, philanthropy... what-have-you. Maybe you read me wrong with my sailing into the sunset expression, but all i meant was to quit obligations. No obligations = less stress. Had nothing to do wasting away the remainder of my life. And I barely drink.

I responded to you but the context is clearly Andlauer. What writing is to you, building a hockey franchise is to him.

I wasn't implying that you're a drinker, I wouldn't know, it was a figure of speech. You know what it might not be the best thing to casually say around here.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I responded to you but the context is clearly Andlauer. What writing is to you, building a hockey franchise is to him.

I wasn't implying that you're a drinker, I wouldn't know, it was a figure of speech. You know what it might not be the best thing to casually say around here.

Not really sure that it's his main motivation. Besides, the team is almost already entirely built. It's not like he created something from scratch.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Judging by today's news, don't think his presence helps much for 1st round picks.

So he sold 10% share for 2.5B and then bought the entire Sens for 950mil? Seems like a win.
No. He sold his 10% based on teams valuation at $2.5 billion. Which means he got $250 million for the stake.

Reactions: HabsQC

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
No that's the value of the Habs. He sold 10% of 2.5 billion. The habs aren't worth 25 billion, although when I read the tweet, I assumed that some would read it wrongly.

The tweet is ambiguously phrased. The only reason I read it correctly is because I knew the Habs were not worth 25 billion. I think the most valuable franchise is the Cowboys or some stupid shit, and even they're not worth that much.

Reactions: HabsQC

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
This place is hilarious sometimes,debating what someone may or may not do with their money.lol
Hopefully he does some philanthropy for noble causes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad