Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Leafs are just rich kids with to much money, they think paying top dollar means you have the best people and in reality Bérubé is there for a final and biggest payday.

leafs are happy because they paid the most which to them means they got the best.
To be fair, many of us on this board had Berube at the top or near it In terms of preferred HC options.
Regardless of what was paid, I don’t take issue with leafers thinking they got the best available.

Also, f*** the leafs, of course. I hope this hire is a crash and burn train wreck for them.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
To be fair, many of us on this board had Berube at the top or near it In terms of preferred HC options.
Regardless of what was paid, I don’t take issue with leafers thinking they got the best available.

Also, f*** the leafs, of course. I hope this hire is a crash and burn train wreck for them.

Lack of a solid goaltending tandem, and not having a stud #1 DMan are the two biggest holes on the leafs roster…. Until they resolve those two holes on their roster, adding Berube may not be enough to get them past the first round.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Lack of a solid goaltending tandem, and not having a stud #1 DMan are the two biggest holes on the leafs roster…. Until they resolve those two holes on their roster, adding Berube may not be enough to get them past the first round.
The Leafs are spending too much on high end forwards (Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares) and not enough on high end defensemen and a high quality goaltender. Their strength cannot overcome their weakness. They can make the playoffs but cannot play tough playoff hockey.

Then we have the Senators that cannot make the playoffs and cannot play tough playoff hockey. Oh well.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The Leafs are spending too much on high end forwards (Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares) and not enough on high end defensemen and a high quality goaltender. Their strength cannot overcome their weakness. They can make the playoffs but cannot play tough playoff hockey.

Then we have the Senators that cannot make the playoffs and cannot play tough playoff hockey. Oh well.
The irony for long time Sens fans is that the leafs need a “Gary Roberts”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad