Confirmed with Link: Anderson signed 8 years/ 33 mil

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Wasn't a fan of his when he first started out. Big fan after the EDM series and into this year. Loved his battles with McDavid and that Crosby GM was awesome! Plays opposition teams star players with no f***s given. Wish we could clone him and get rid of Edler or Walker.

Excellent deal and very happy he's locked up long term!

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Really like the deal. Mickey is a solid, dependable Top 4 D-man. The Cap hit is solid. Aside from that atrocity of a deal he gave Cal, Rob has done a pretty good job of getting deals done with some pretty reasonable Cap Hits.
But they all shouted me down and told me told me Blake has no plan what so ever, from behind their lemonade stand?

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Love it. This is what you do now, you draft players and when they show you they are good, you lock them up through all or most of their primes, nice to see the Kings have a player worth doing this for. Anderson is probably the best player Blake has drafted since he has been GM. Hopefully a year from now QB’s play will warrant similar long-term deal after his ELC.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
$4m is a lot for a guy that even this year is pacing for 20pts, but whatever. The cap is the cap, fit players however they need to fit.

It really isn't. Especially when you're talking about a #1 defenseman pairing LHD who is now just going to be entering his prime and has some offensive upside. You can tell he's got leadership written all over him and is great for team culture. Just keep showing me that game against the Penguins w/ Crosby and that cements his status for me instantly. Great deal by Rob.

Reactions: kingsfan28

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Love it. This is what you do now, you draft players and when they show you they are good, you lock them up through all or most of their primes, nice to see the Kings have a player worth doing this for. Anderson is probably the best player Blake has drafted since he has been GM. Hopefully a year from now QB’s play will warrant similar long-term deal after his ELC.
Looked like a great pick pretty much from the start. A guy where it didn't look like it was going to be a stretch for him to reach that #3-#4 defenseman status.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Looked like a great pick pretty much from the start. A guy where it didn't look like it was going to be a stretch for him to reach that #3-#4 defenseman status.
Yup. Was impressive right from the start at UMD. Similar to Faber, you could just see how great he was defensively and was a leader too wearing a letting for the national team.

It also helps that Blake actually let him play 2 years of college hockey and he got that all important sophomore experience rather than being rushed to the AHL to “learn the system”. Shocking what happens when proven development paths are actually used.

As a player picked outside the top 100 he only needed about 50 AHL games as a 20 year old and was ready to go. This was an example of a successful draft pick. Perfect evaluation, development and deployment.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Really like the deal. Mickey is a solid, dependable Top 4 D-man. The Cap hit is solid. Aside from that atrocity of a deal he gave Cal, Rob has done a pretty good job of getting deals done with some pretty reasonable Cap Hits.
I would’ve loved to be a fly on the wall in the Petersen negotiation. I think he was eligible to walk in free agency if we didn’t get him re-signed, but even still it’s a big number.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I would’ve loved to be a fly on the wall in the Petersen negotiation. I think he was eligible to walk in free agency if we didn’t get him re-signed, but even still it’s a big number.
Not only the number. But the fact that he has any type of NTC. That coupled with the cap number for a guy who was his age with zero post season experience was such a poor management decision.

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
Blake has made some very solid movies especially recently with this signing, the Kempe signing and the Fiala trade and signing. Now if he can only somehow fix the Petersen mess, he would be almost spotless.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Wasn't a fan of his when he first started out. Big fan after the EDM series and into this year. Loved his battles with McDavid and that Crosby GM was awesome! Plays opposition teams star players with no f***s given. Wish we could clone him and get rid of Edler or Walker.

Excellent deal and very happy he's locked up long term!
1676668683333.png

EAGLE FANG!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad