Recalled/Assigned: Anderson and Kirill Semyonov have been recalled by the Maple Leafs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Who's going to sit? Ritchie could use a benching or two, but we are on a 5 game win streak and the 4th line has been quite good during the streak.

I wouldn't mind either Kase getting a rest game or Engvall getting his needed time off (dude seriously gets too cute when he feels comfortable and having a role lined up), to give Semyonov a game or two

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Who's going to sit? Ritchie could use a benching or two, but we are on a 5 game win streak and the 4th line has been quite good during the streak.

I wouldn't mind either Kase getting a rest game or Engvall getting his needed time off (dude seriously gets too cute when he feels comfortable and having a role lined up), to give Semyonov a game or two

Probably no one right away.

Spezza could maybe use a rest day. Engvall might need a kick in the butt for a game as well. Ritchie is asleep 90% of the game. Those are the likely candidates if the Leafs are going to give them a shot.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Probably no one right away.

Spezza could maybe use a rest day. Engvall might need a kick in the butt for a game as well. Ritchie is asleep 90% of the game. Those are the likely candidates if the Leafs are going to give them a shot.
True, while I don't like seeing Spezza rested, he is near 40 years. The dude plays way to0 well in his role to be that age lol.

When I think of an old washed-up 40-year-old, I think 2018-2019 Marleau, 2020-2021 Joe Thornton.

Spezza still seems like he's a capable top 6 option despite his age

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not surprised with Semyonov receiving the promotion as the team has been good about granting some form of opportunity for their signings of undrafted free agents from European leagues. Wasn't as certain about Anderson being recalled. Now could (should?) be the time for him to make his mark though considering he'd have to go through waivers again if demoted, and also with his contract transferring to a one-way term for next season. This seems like a fair amount of time for both players to state their case for sticking around. We'll see what transpires.

Reactions: banks and LeafSteel

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021

The Kampf, Engvall, Kase line has been pretty underwhelming.

Reactions: banks

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Are we going to lose these guys to waivers before they get sent down ?

Semyonov is waiver exempt but Anderson is not. Anderson did previously clear waivers while with the team...for whatever that might be worth.

Reactions: banks

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
Semyonov is waiver exempt but Anderson is not. Anderson did previously clear waivers while with the team...for whatever that might be worth.

is anderson not allowed so many games and days before he requires waivers to go back down?
i may be incorrect but i believe he has some time
i'm sure someone knows for sure?

Reactions: Buds17

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Really interested to see Anderson in a game or two.
He was lauded for his leadership, energy, and two-way play when acquired, but he hasn’t really established or separated himself from other prospects.
I’m pulling for him.

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Semyonov sounds intriguing.

Hopefully at least one of Semyonov, Anderson or Steeves can become a fixture in our bottom-six.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Not expecting any lineup changes outside of someone injured/maintenance day sitting it out, but I'd like to see Semyonov inserted on that 3rd line in hopes of giving them an offensive boost.

Kampfe, Kase and Engvall have been surprisingly very solid defensively, but at some point they have to chip in some offense too - The Big 4 can't carry the team 82 games, and even more important the bottom 6 contributes come playoff time.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
If Keefe changes the lineup for anything other than an injury he is an idiot. If he needs any proof of why not to do this, he just needs to look at his defensive adjustments in game 5 of last year.

We are on a 5 game heater. Every forward line has looked great. Every D-pairing has looked great. As much as Ritchie has underwhelmed in his short tenure thus far, his demotion to the 4th line has really coincided with that line being an absolute force. They dictate the play the majority of the time, and throw the body around. It's still obviously a small sample size, but this 4th line has been very very good in every game they've played together. I cannot remember the last time we've had a 4th line dictate play with this level of consistency. I know last year Thornton - Brooks - Spezza had a handful of good games, but they never really commanded the ice like this current 4th line. They just seemed to put up Pts oddly. The Pts have not come by for this 4th line, but it really is just a matter of time IMO.

Ritchie is the obvious one to take out of the lineup when they lose a game. I'd probably give Seymonov a look if/when that does happen. But as of right now, you cannot touch any part of the lineup IMO. Ride this wave to shore, and then make the necessary adjustments.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: kb

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Really interested to see Anderson in a game or two.
He was lauded for his leadership, energy, and two-way play when acquired, but he hasn’t really established or separated himself from other prospects.
I’m pulling for him.

Has potential to be a great bottom 6 player for us, I hope it pans out.

Reactions: aingefan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad