Speculation: And yet again...the Off-Topic Thread

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So I’ve been holding back on cutting the cord for forever and am finally on the verge of doing it. I currently have both. Last week I watched the wings on ESPN+ so I thought I’d be good. Tried ESPN+ again for the game today and got a message that it’s not available in my area.

That has essentially been my fear forever and why I’ve never made the switch. What’s up with that?
ESPN+ has local blackouts just like BSD. So as long as it THINKS that you are located in the local broadcast area, it will not be available.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
ESPN+ has local blackouts just like BSD. So as long as it THINKS that you are located in the local broadcast area, it will not be available.
Ahh, I thought we were past that. Especially after it worked for the last game. If I still need to trick the system to be able to watch, maybe I’ll just continue waiting for the world to come to its senses and while it develops more and more streaming services until we circle back around to a service that looks remarkably like cable

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Has anyone tried a VPN with this? I don't have to worry about it, but I have a friend that was curious.

Anything to avoid a Bally subscription, I guess.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Has anyone tried a VPN with this? I don't have to worry about it, but I have a friend that was curious.

Anything to avoid a Bally subscription, I guess.
N o.
O ffended I am,
R eally.
D evastated even. The

V ery idea is
P reposterous to even suggest.
N ever would I even consider it.

W hy anybody would try something so
O ut of bounds is
R idiculous.
K ick that notion right out of your
S kull, Bench.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
N o.
O ffended I am,
R eally.
D evastated even. The

V ery idea is
P reposterous to even suggest.
N ever would I even consider it.

W hy anybody would try something so
O ut of bounds is
R idiculous.
K ick that notion right out of your
S kull, Bench.
You win HFBoards

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
They are legit. Did you get the regular cherry, or the cherry crumble? Both are great, but I go for dat crumble, yo.
Fo sho.

For work I've had to travel to our facility on the West Coast a few times. It's a small town in the middle of nowhere, but there's a local diner that is known for their pie shakes (vanilla milkshakes with your favorite flavor of pie blended in).

They're glorious.

mmm-pie-pie.gif

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Fo sho.

For work I've had to travel to our facility on the West Coast a few times. It's a small town in the middle of nowhere, but there's a local diner that is known for their pie shakes (vanilla milkshakes with your favorite flavor of pie blended in).

They're glorious.

mmm-pie-pie.gif
Shakes with bits of pie are awesome, yup. Was driving back from Michigan after Thanksgiving and stopped at a Culver's, got their shake thing with chunks of cheesecake in it. Whoa, that was good too, especially notable give that it was from a fast food chain lol.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
@Ed Ned and Leddy - Still in the DMV? I never realized this was a thing.

I'm dumb, I thought the DMV was Department of Motor Vehicles.

Do people call the Washington Capitals the DMV Capitals? Why are they harping on this DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia)? I understand most Washington teams plays in Virginia. What is this guy on about? How many owls would you need to see in a day to understand that something is wrong?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm dumb, I thought the DMV was Department of Motor Vehicles.

Do people call the Washington Capitals the DMV Capitals? Why are they harping on this DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia)? I understand most Washington teams plays in Virginia. What is this guy on about? How many owls would you need to see in a day to understand that something is wrong?

I grew up in the area back in the 80's, and I've never hear the term DMV before. Must be a new thing. I have heard DelMarVa, which includes Delaware, but the inclusion of DC was implicit. If anything, it's funny that all of the teams are called Washington when locals refer to the city as DC.

I just checked wiki, and I guess DMV is a thing now. It encompasses what old people like me referred to as the Capital Beltway area.

Anyways, it'd be stupid to rename the team just because they're gonna wind up playing in Alexandria. They played in Landover, Maryland when I lived in the area. BTW, none of the teams currently play in Virginia. Wizards and Caps play in DC (Capital One Arena), FedEx Field is in Landover, Maryland.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Bullshit. LCA doesn't sew the numbers and names onto the jerseys provided by Fanatics.

That twitter is dedicated to showing how bad Fanatics is. TONS of examples that are laughably bad.

Those numbers and names aren't sewn on, they are heated pressed on, that's why they are able to be done by the staff of the stores.

Fanatics is still terrible, though.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Those numbers and names aren't sewn on, they are heated pressed on, that's why they are able to be done by the staff of the stores.

Fanatics is still terrible, though.

I get that. But how often are the store owners the ones pressing on the numbers and not fanatics? I'd bet close to none of the cases are done by the staff at LCA or any other store for that matter. There's just such a long track record of Fanatics putting out the absolute worst trash product. The fact that they're in business still boggles the mind.

https://www.mensjournal.com/news/fanatics-apologizes-selling-lopsided-nfl-merchandise

Fanatics is rated "Bad" with 1.5 / 5 on Trustpilot

Trust Pilot score of 1.5.

MLBShop Reviews - 1.1 Stars

2 positive reviews. 93 negative.

Why fans are furious about the NHL's uniform deal with Fanatics — and why they should be

The fact that this company has license to sell NHL products and other sports apparel is outright shocking. I can't think of any other clothing company, sports or otherwise, that put out such trash and still remained in business. How does this happen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad