Gulls' defense at the start of last season:

Theodore - Montour
Piskula - SOB
Megna - Bickel

Gulls' defense right now:

Schultz - Montour
Larsson - Guenin
Megna - Welinski

I'd say the defense is considerably better than last year, at least on paper. The Gulls allowed 200 goals in 68 games (2.94 GA per game), I'd expect that number to come down significantly. Schultz and Guenin are good signings, assuming they never see NHL ice time.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think Larsson is staying in Sweden. Not sure about Pettresson, though, and Keaton Thompson is also signed. Either way, you're right, it's better than last year, and could be much better, even with Theodore making the jump.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I think Larsson is staying in Sweden. Not sure about Pettresson, though, and Keaton Thompson is also signed. Either way, you're right, it's better than last year, and could be much better, even with Theodore making the jump.

Getting Pettersson to join the Gulls and having Larsson stay in Sweden is very strange to me, as I think it should be the other way around. Larsson is more pro-ready, whereas Pettersson could really benefit from having another season in Sweden, hopefully with more ice time and responsibility. Either way, the group still looks good on paper.

Schultz - Montour
Pettersson - Guenin
Megna - Welinski
Thompson

mytduxfan*

Why? My biggest concern with Larsson is how soft he plays. Continuing his development in NA would be the best way for him to grow out of this bad habit.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Gulls' defense at the start of last season:

Theodore - Montour
Piskula - SOB
Megna - Bickel

Gulls' defense right now:

Schultz - Montour
Larsson - Guenin
Megna - Welinski

I'd say the defense is considerably better than last year, at least on paper. The Gulls allowed 200 goals in 68 games (2.94 GA per game), I'd expect that number to come down significantly. Schultz and Guenin are good signings, assuming they never see NHL ice time.

edit: Never mind. Mistake on my part.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I think I read earlier that Larsson was going to return to Frölunda for another season. He's likely going to have an increased role with the team as they lost a few key/core defenders.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Big Jeff is one of the most notorious pylons around. Bob is having a himself an offseason.

He's fine as an AHL defenseman. This is a good signing. Having NHL caliber 7th defenseman on your AHL team is a good thing. This is a good signing by Murray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad