GDT: Anaheim Ducks 12/13 Training camp

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
This measurement thing has been discussed before. No way hell he is 5.9 and under 170 lbs. Fact. His skating style makes him look smaller.

In all Finnish sites he is 180cm (5.10-5.11)...and we don't check heights with skates on here ;)
The weight is off, but I wasn't measuring his height by how he looked while skating. It's what I noticed when he was standing next to other players between plays.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
The weight is off, but I wasn't measuring his height by how he looked while skating. It's what I noticed when he was standing next to other players between plays.
Who did you compare to and were they standing straight? :D

For example Cogliano and Koivu are listed 5.10, any photos/videos where they are together ;)

Last edited:

eenok*

yes yes yes ....vatanen´s in the game from start!!!

othervise would have been big scanadal!

and yes...reports tell when vatanen can play (next week) he WILL HAVE LOTS OF PP TIME! dudes anaheim PP´s gonna KILL when this man is IN THE GAME!

congrats anaheim and team followers you have the worlds most talanted young defenseman!!!, wonder whos gonna be sidekicked in favor, those other guys so by you swallowed but relax sit down, lay down, WITH THIS VATANEN anaheim´s game is set to a totally higher level with new brave and enjoyable dimensions!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
congrats anaheim and team followers you have the worlds most talanted young defenseman!!!
24242104.jpg

actually Ottawa has the world's most talented young dman.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Hmm, I thought the consensus was that Lindholm was ahead of Vatanen, as in which one would get called up first? At least I remember some Anaheim-poster saying that.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Hmm, I thought the consensus was that Lindholm was ahead of Vatanen, as in which one would get called up first? At least I remember some Anaheim-poster saying that.
It's what the team needs more...Vatanen can bring better offense production and Hampus is better in the own end.

eenok*

"I know that you've been away for a while, but Lindholm is a hell of a lot closer to being untouchable than Vatanen."

stop trolling please.im gonna report that. have a nice day,well try at least. ....we are just days from anaheim being vatanenfied! i suggest join the crowd and sing his name along!!!

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
"I know that you've been away for a while, but Lindholm is a hell of a lot closer to being untouchable than Vatanen."

stop trolling please.im gonna report that. have a nice day,well try at least. ....we are just days from anaheim being vatanenfied! i suggest join the crowd and sing his name along!!!

While I like Vatanen as much as the next guy, you might be exaggerating it a little bit. He still has work to do before he can even be considered in the top-10 young defensemen of the league.

Although doesn't mean I won't be giddish when I see him on the PP for the first time in Anaheim :)

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Yes? Sorry, were my posts not in line with what gets passed around the Vatanen fan club?

Well, seems that the management disagrees with you. And clearly you are biased too, at least judging by your avatar.

Fin9*

This measurement thing has been discussed before. No way hell he is 5.9 and under 170 lbs. Fact. His skating style makes him look smaller.

In all Finnish sites he is 180cm (5.10-5.11)...and we don't check heights with skates on here ;)

Here...at least AHL updated their data, 5.10 and 185lbs:

http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=4613

1z2f76v.jpg

Actually, hes no taller than 5.9. I`ve walked past him many times always has looked shorter than me, and im 177 cm (5`9.5). Anyways, i dont think it really matters if you are 5`8, 5`9 5`10 or what so ever, your still on the smaller side especially on defense.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Actually, hes no taller than 5.9. I`ve walked past him many times always has looked shorter than me, and im 177 cm (5`9.5). Anyways, i dont think it really matters if you are 5`8, 5`9 5`10 or what so ever, your still on the smaller side especially on defense.
5'9" sounds about right. You're also right that it doesn't matter.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Apparently the game is on at 2pm here, sweet (It's in 16 hours time right...?)

EDIT: Also I'm not sure quite what to say when I see people saying Anaheim's team is nothing special when Vancouver has Ebbett as a #2 center :(

Nikko*

Yupp Agreed and what did BB do? Release Bryz off waivers who got a inflated contract from Philly. One of Burkes rediculous mistakes. So your telling me a goalie with long term options couldn't have gotten anything in return?? Not even a draft pick? Unreal man unreal. We're super off topic btw just thought I would mention it. Atleast
we got Vish for a second. From NYI my minds all over the place regarding previous trades sorry Soj.

He actually went to Phoenix first and contended for the HART trophy so it was even worse.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Considering that neither one of them has been called up to play yet, you seem to be jumping the gun a bit. At the moment, neither player is likely being pencilled in, but both could get a look. As it stands, Anaheim has 6 defensemen who have spots in the line-up, plus a 7th back-up defenseman in Hendry. Do you want to tell me who Vatanen jumps?

Anaheim is treating them both with caution, and considers them both future NHL-players, but make no mistake, neither one of them is assured a position on the team this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad