GDT: Anaheim Ducks 12/13 Training camp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
kducks, yeah, just saw that they posted on facebook about ticket presale today. Glad to see they are doing something I`ll also update this thread about the rosters.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I would agree, it only leaves us with 1 defensive center, but both Randy and Bruce have shown they feel comfortable with Getzlaf taking defensive faceoffs. Holland could theoretically play on a line with Winnik, with Winnik taking the draws then sliding back to wing with Holland taking over the center ice... Who knows, this team has a lot of options, I like to call it flexibility and you can look at it as a positive or negative thing. Either way, that's what we have on the table and everything depends on what Bruce is hungry for (ice cream?)

Remember Getz and Perry broke into the league as 20 year olds on the 4th line, same with Ryan, DSP. All highly touted rookies, each playing 11-12 minutes on the 4th line. If anything it would be normal for Holland-Palmieri to play 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. You have to establish yourself in the NHL somehow, get your feet wet, and I'd be more comfortable with Holland playing sheltered minutes this season and jumping to the 2-spot next season, rather than him eating up AHL minutes then being thrown into the spotlight next season.
By defensive do you mean face offs? Because I consider Bonino to be quite good defensively other than his erratic face off performance.

Heading out to see the boys soon. Why does it have to be so cold out?

Irony is complaining about cold weather when discussing hockey.

:sarcasm:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Oh, the Ducks had that poll on website about favorite food at Honda Center. Hot Dogs won. Now they are offering one for everyone in the stands today. It`s not as good offer as Tampas, but it`s at least something, right?

Got this last night

First and foremost, we want to apologize. The last four months have been very difficult and we understand your frustration. We realize we have to earn your trust and win your support again. We will work hard to do just that, starting immediately.

Now that a 10-year collective bargaining agreement is in place, we can’t wait to get back to hockey. As a thank you for your loyalty, we would like to extend our gratitude with the following:
As part of our "Welcome Back Night" festivities, fans will have the opportunity to win "Jersey off the Backs" and numerous other prizes.
Access to an open practice and exclusive ticket presale tomorrow (check AnaheimDucks.com Saturday evening for details)
A $20 (per seat) voucher good for complimentary food and beverage. This voucher will be mailed to you this week.
A Teemu Selanne t-shirt to be given away on Opening Night on January 25th vs. Vancouver
Your exclusive Season Ticket Holder event, Face-Off Fest, scheduled for January 30th at Honda Center. Your tickets for this event will be mailed this week.
This is not meant to erase the frustration of the past few months, but rather to let you know of our fans-first commitment that we will continue to employ as we focus on the future.

Today, the NHL released a revised schedule of games for the season. We will hold our home opener Friday, January 25 vs. Vancouver. Other notable games on the schedule include February 2 vs. the Los Angeles Kings, and March 22 & 24 vs. the Detroit Red Wings.

Click here to view the entire new schedule.

Our staff is working around the clock to have your new tickets printed and shipped to you. You will receive a shipping notification prior to the ticket delivery. We anticipate your tickets will arrive after January 28th.

Therefore, as we cannot guarantee ticket delivery prior to Opening Night, we ask that you log on to "My Ducks Account" to print any games you need. You will be able to access your tickets to "Print at Home" or "Forward" beginning Wednesday, January 16. Click here for more information on accessing "My Ducks Account." You will need your account number and password to log in.

NOTE: Any ticket you "Print at Home" or "Forward" using "My Ducks Account" or resell using "TicketExchange" will invalidate paper tickets you will be receiving in the mail, so please do not distribute both sets of tickets (electronic and paper tickets). Only the bearer with the electronic "Print at Home" or "Forwarded" ticket will be valid.

We are also calculating the credit and interest that was accrued due to the work stoppage. A detailed letter explaining the credit and interest will be sent in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact your Account Service Rep at 877-WILD-WING.

Sincerely,

Henry and Susan Samueli

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Remember Getz and Perry broke into the league as 20 year olds on the 4th line, same with Ryan, DSP. All highly touted rookies, each playing 11-12 minutes on the 4th line.

A big part of the reason that worked is the same thing that Carlyle gets criticized for: he was a line-matching fanatic. Getz-Perry-Fedoruk were micromanaged so that they could play against the opponents worst pairings, while McDonald-Selanne did the heavy lifting.

Boudreau supposedly doesn't worry about line-matching. I don't think that's entirely true, but it does make it harder to give a 4th line like Getz/Perry or Holland/Maroon (or Palmieri) decent minutes that don't destroy their confidence.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Who is Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond, and should I care?

Pierre-Luc "PL3" Létourneau-Leblond (born June 4, 1985) is a Canadian professional ice hockey left winger who is currently an Unrestricted Free Agent. He plays a physical game and is known as a agitator and a fighter.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre-Luc_Létourneau-Leblond
His judgement is JFJ level but he drops the gloves willingly - 20+ fights every year.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1177

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Finished updating the 1st post.

Leblanc should be as a dance partner for Staubitz. Can`t see him staying. He fights a lot, but he does it on AHL level, since he cant get ice time in NHL.

----
So we have 17 forwards, 8 defensemen and 4 goalies.
Probably 4F, 1D and 2G will have to go after the camp

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006
By defensive do you mean face offs? Because I consider Bonino to be quite good defensively other than his erratic face off performance.

Yes, faceoffs to an extent. They are a part of how you define a center's defensive abilities. I consider Bonino a good 2-way center with room to improve defensively. But yeah, he's already pretty good defensively. Reliability and effort are good places to start but there's still more he needs to show, he's big but I don't see him using his strength and long reach enough. That stuff can be taught though.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
What do you guys think, Would they have called Lindholm and Vatanen to the camp if they weren't injured?

I think so.

Pahlsson26

Oct 17, 2011
Twitter is confused. Camp hasn't started, but Hendry, Guenin, Maroon and Smaby (who wasn't even listed on the roster) were placed on waivers. Why is this? Does anyone have answers, because I'm lost.

parrosfan16

May 13, 2009
I still think Pelley should be at least called up, but the situation is what it is, now i`ll pay attention to Holly

Pelley would need to be signed by the Ducks before he could be called up. He is on a AHL contract, not a NHL contract.

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
Red: Palmeri Getzlaf Perry
Grey: Ryan Selanne Bonino
Blue:Koivu Cogliano winnik
White:Etem DSP Belesky Holland
Orange: Staubitz Maroon Rakell PLLL

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
On first glance, doesn't look great for Maroon, who's with a try-out guy who almost certainly is AHL bound, a junior player who almost certainly will be going back, and the leading candidate for part-time enforcer.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So, Take 1 for Bruce is:

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Holland-Smith Pelly

with others fight for any chance they could get.
How are our defensemen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad