Value of: Anaheim 2024 1st round pick

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Thomas? Kaprizov? Not saying they're worth a top 5 pick necessarily but trying to match this trade with a team who has good assets but needs to rebuild.
Both are worth more than that HF loves to overrate draft picks Jheeze

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Verbeek is now in record stating next season its time to start winning. Anaheim could use top 6 forward and top 4 dman just curious what they could get with this pick presuming it's 1 to 3

He might want to start winning but they aren't trading that pick especially if It's top 3.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Verbeek is now in record stating next season its time to start winning. Anaheim could use top 6 forward and top 4 dman just curious what they could get with this pick presuming it's 1 to 3

Anaheim 2024 1st and McTavish for Mikko Rantanen with long term extension in place.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim 2024 1st and McTavish for Mikko Rantanen with long term extension in place.

don’t think that’s likes

celebrini for rantanen straight up
Or
2nd-5th overall + zegras for Rantanen

Idk that I’d say yes to either, but I’d at least think about it …. I assume av fans will want more but likely disappointed in what his actual return is outside of potential cap space.

I’m pretty committed to just continuing building around the core, and if the right trade comes up you make a move for it.

Last edited:

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Ducks would be able to get a significant return for that pick. That’s a high value asset, but if your looking for something specific like a RHD the return might not be as good because there may not be any good ones bailable

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I feel like the only thing that package would be offered for is a going RHD that fits the time-line. There are probably teams closer to competing who would offer more than the Ducks would.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I agree it's time to win. But I disagree this is the year to deal their top pick. They still need to pick up core assets on D in particular.

It IS the time to trade next year's (2025) first rounder, top three protected IMO, if they can find the right player. They should be in every conversation (like the Brady Tkachuk one if real) where a top asset may shake loose. They have so much cap space.

Their big play IMO is adding overpaid assets that are good NHL players and getting compensated for it. They can pick up contributing vets that are in a down cycle (like Boeser and Garland were last year).

So leverage the cap space to:

Buy low on proven mid career NHL players
Sign utility depth (like Pius Suelter and Blueger were for Vancouver).
Use this year to padd D and goalie prospects.
Look for elite talent that may shake loose.

I could turn around that team.

Ducks would be able to get a significant return for that pick. That’s a high value asset, but if your looking for something specific like a RHD the return might not be as good because there may not be any good ones bailable

Hronek potentially.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree it's time to win. But I disagree this is the year to deal their top pick. They still need to pick up core assets on D in particular.

It IS the time to trade next year's (2025) first rounder, top three protected IMO, if they can find the right player. They should be in every conversation (like the Brady Tkachuk one if real) where a top asset may shake loose. They have so much cap space.

Their big play IMO is adding overpaid assets that are good NHL players and getting compensated for it. They can pick up contributing vets that are in a down cycle (like Boeser and Garland were last year).

So leverage the cap space to:

Buy low on proven mid career NHL players
Sign utility depth (like Pius Suelter and Blueger were for Vancouver).
Use this year to padd D and goalie prospects.
Look for elite talent that may shake loose.

I could turn around that team.

Hronek potentially.
Sens are not in a positon to move Brady Tkachuck for an 18 year old. They need NHL talent in return. And more in the one for one type like RyJo/Jones, Hall/Larsson, Webber/Subban, type than getting 3 pieces for him.

This boards values draft picks way more than NHL GMs would. GMs will value a 24-26 year old NHLer more than an 18 year old prospect. Not unless the direction of the team is under a rebuild phase. Any team that desires making the PO will be keeping their NHL talent.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Sens are not in a positon to move Brady Tkachuck for an 18 year old. They need NHL talent in return. And more in the one for one type like RyJo/Jones, Hall/Larsson, Webber/Subban, type than getting 3 pieces for him.

This boards values draft picks way more than NHL GMs would. GMs will value a 24-26 year old NHLer more than an 18 year old prospect. Not unless the direction of the team is under a rebuild phase. Any team that desires making the PO will be keeping their NHL talent.
I was not commenting on Ottawa and have no idea if Tkachuk rumours are true. Simply stating Anaheim can out.compete most teams on that kind of a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad