Confirmed with Link: [ANA/VAN] Michael Del Zotto (25% retained) for Luke Schenn and a 2020 7th round pick

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Who does play Carlyle hockey? Apparently no one on the Ducks. And probably no one else in the NHL.

I have no idea what BM is doing. I think all off these trades are going to cause even more issues in the locker room. The players have lost faith in Carlyle and now it is clear that the management has lost faith in the players. I predict more losses coming up with this instability.

Who plays Carlyle hockey?
Let’s see....dump in on Pp lose race, watch defender clear
Fourth line with 3rd pairing at all times if possible
Two centers on #1 PP both of whom are not scoring
Always clear puck softly along boards somopponents can hold line easily
If NOT using boards, flip puck softly in air to allow opponent to catch puck and hold line
Make certain to get outshot be stunning margins
And make certain, many of those shots are high risk shots

Seems like we can find a lot of guys to play a Randy’s style

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So...
OUT: Cogliano, Aberg, Schenn, Blandisi, and future Ondrej Kase (7th)
IN: Shore, Kloos(?), Del Zotto, and Grantzlaf

I like the OUT group much better than the IN. Not that any of this will impact the direction of this season in any way.
I don't think we can make that judgement with zero time watching them play.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I don't think we can make that judgement with zero time watching them play.
I mean, none of these guys (Kloos aside) is an unknown quantity. I think it's fair to have a rough idea of the value in/out on paper. I'll say that Murray's been far more hit than miss with these fringe guys, so it's not like I assume they'll suck or anything. Shore and Del Zotto will work their asses off every night, so whether they add anything or not I get what Murray is going for with a team he feels has too many passengers. I just think we gave up better talent than we added.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
So...

I like the OUT group much better than the IN. Not that any of this will impact the direction of this season in any way.
Except those aren't really 1-for-1 replacements for each other. Cogs for Shore, yes I suppose. Del Zotto is replacing Larsson, Grant replacing Kesler, and Terry (or Jones) replacing Aberg.

Outside of Cogs, we didn't lose anything at all that was going to be of use, since for whatever reason Aberg was never going to get back in the lineup here.

As for the SD component, Dotchin/Larsson are replacing Schenn, while Kloos is replacing Blandisi.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Except those aren't really 1-for-1 replacements for each other. Cogs for Shore, yes I suppose. Del Zotto is replacing Larsson, Grant replacing Kesler, and Terry (or Jones) replacing Aberg.

Outside of Cogs, we didn't lose anything at all that was going to be of use, since for whatever reason Aberg was never going to get back in the lineup here.

As for the SD component, Dotchin/Larsson are replacing Schenn, while Kloos is replacing Blandisi.
That's what I'm suggesting, that the players we lost had more potential to be something for us than the ones we acquired. Maybe it's nitpicking given how little most of this will matter overall, and as Static said we need to see how all of this fringe tinkering looks on the ice, but I'm sticking with my initial take that we sent out more than we gained in terms of talent/potential.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
So...

Shore can be as useful as Cogs.
Del Zotto >= Schenn but can play PP, was once his main plus point
Kloos = Blandisi
Grant or Aberg, well Aberg is more talented but something is up with him. Grant is more versitale.

Leaves the 7th rounder. I wonder why there are not more 7th round superstars in the league. Kase was a lucky punch in the 7th. You hit this not frequently and to value a 7th rounder like a 1st or 2nd (which is the value you would expect to land a player like Kase) is just nuts.

The Ducks changed some minor parts of the roster and I said it in an onther topic. In my mind they plan to play Terry and Jones up here.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Meh. I like it. Hardly game-changing or anything and I can't see it improving the team a whole lot, but still a good trade. Del Zotto has a good work ethic. Let's see if that keeps up under Carlyle's tutelage.

Oct 18, 2011
Shore can be as useful as Cogs.
Del Zotto >= Schenn but can play PP, was once his main plus point
Kloos = Blandisi
Grant or Aberg, well Aberg is more talented but something is up with him. Grant is more versitale.

Leaves the 7th rounder. I wonder why there are not more 7th round superstars in the league. Kase was a lucky punch in the 7th. You hit this not frequently and to value a 7th rounder like a 1st or 2nd (which is the value you would expect to land a player like Kase) is just nuts.

The Ducks changed some minor parts of the roster and I said it in an onther topic. In my mind they plan to play Terry and Jones up here.
Well my first thought is I think you put Jones on a line with Kase or Rakell and have Ritchie on the other but it doesn't make sense to play Terry in the bottom 6 either

I guess this is Bobs last grasp, to see if any kids can spark the team

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Well my first thought is I think you put Jones on a line with Kase or Rakell and have Ritchie on the other but it doesn't make sense to play Terry in the bottom 6 either

I guess this is Bobs last grasp, to see if any kids can spark the team

Where did I say Terry will play a bottom 6 role, I just said they made minor trades to make room for them on the roster? Grant/Shore will take Keslers role. I think the injury of RK was the trigger to acquire Grant since they know what they get. Nevertheless we have one intact line in Ritchie - Henrique - Kase. Terry will see minutes on the Getzlaf line. So lets say the top 6 will be

Rakell - Getzlaf - Terry
Ritchie - Henrique - Kase

That leafes us playing Jones, Shore and Grant on the bottom 6. We will see.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
To me these trades are less about the now and more about preparing some depth for if/when we trade more core players: Montour, Silf, and/or Fowler ect.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I guess Vancouver is our go to team to find over priced washed up d-men. With any luck Bob will sign him to 3 years at $4m per with a NTC over the summer.

John

In the summer? That's too long to wait... that announcement should be made in the next few hours before he plays his first game here

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
People seem to be forgetting we can likely trade Del Zotto at the deadline as the rental D market is complete shit, especially if coming here is the change of scenery he needs to get going again, and will likely get at least a 5th if not a 4th round pick, which you trade Schenn + 7th for all day.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
People seem to be forgetting we can likely trade Del Zotto at the deadline as the rental D market is complete ****, especially if coming here is the change of scenery he needs to get going again, and will likely get at least a 5th if not a 4th round pick, which you trade Schenn + 7th for all day.

What makes you think he will get going again under Carlyle when all our D have been absolute ass this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad